New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Guys, a friend of mine showed me a "Forever Flashlight". It's 600 bucks for the large one and 500 bucks for the smaller one (Lucena City prices).

Found this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/5a9f/

There are China-made alternatives at 150 a piece but I don't think they're the weatherproof kind. And my friend says the switch easily gets misaligned.

Has anyone tried this thing? Never needs batteries daw and the bulb will last practically a lifetime. Hmmm...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If that's what i think it is (yung de alog para umilaw), then i'd say pass.

Backup flashlight siguro okay yan, but not for real emergencies. Ang hina nung ilaw niyan e. Not even equivalent lang to the 'flash' of some camera phones.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The light intensity is seriously lacking on the samples I've tried at the hardware store. Also, it takes a long time for the light to build up a charge, and then the energy that is stored is drained quickly.

OTOH, if you want a portable light source that you can lug around anywhere, I'd suggest an Inova microlight, which runs on lithium button batteries. These batteries have a longer storage life than your typical AA dry cell, and you can even keep the light permanently on your keychain. Sa light output pa lang, talo na ng microlight yung "Forever Flashlight" na yan. The initial expense is well worth the convenience and utility of these tiny lights.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i have one....as pajerokid said, ok na backup......but not for "search n rescue" hehehe... nice workout pa yung alug-alog....

at least no worries such as leaking batteries in the glove compartment....which you will discover only when you need the flashlight........

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    and best of all, very nice educational tool..... I use it to teach
    mechanical->electrical -> light energy conversions.......

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si PK, ang hina ng ilaw nyan eh. used to own one, pero i think its a little bit useless for "superdark" illumination requirements.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Kung flashlight lang i would go for innova or surefire. medyo pricey but ganda performance.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i wouldn't mind having one for back-up to a primary in car flashlight. pang worst case scenario na lang.

okay sana if you could use the mechanical energy of your car to keep it charged. para when you need it, it is charged na? some kind of perpetual motion machine that uses the inertia of the car to combat the friction and energy loss? ayos siguro yon

andy

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i first saw that in Ripleys believe it or not and i saw one in SM. Sobrang aliw na aliw ako sa kanya and i was supposed to buy it until tinest ko, sobrang hina nung light nya and nakakapagod yung pag shake sa kanya paa kang nag....... anyway parang sayang lang cya sa pera, try the photon lights na lang with those bright LED's mas maganda pa yun. It proved very practical specially for emergency purposes ( nagamit ko cya nung nastuck kami sa maarat) Madami nang lumalabas na china na LED flashlights and they are very cheap

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Found this review:

http://www.kfor.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=6uyBGIeh

Buti na lang hindi ako bumili. Hehe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Forever Flashlight - have you tried?