New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello fellow tsikoters,

Can anyone explaint the meaning of this and what is the solution.

Dami kasi naka floating status na employee sa office namin.

Ano laban nila para makakuha ng redunduncy?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Hello fellow tsikoters,

TIA
    floating status? as in, kumukuha ng suweldo kahit walang trabahong ginagawa?
    or, walang sahod dahil walang posting?
    and who wants to get a redundancy? a repitition?

please explain po..
    what is the nature of that office of yours?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    In my still short business career, this is what I do in this situation. It saves me money and most importantly time. And also to keep my company's reputation as this is very important to me and in my field.

If I dont really need the manpower or is not expecting any position to be vacant soon, my solution is just to pay a separation fee and some token of appreciation (optional) for their service. I cannot afford to waste some time to deal with labour issues and I know I will likely lose the case and pay the employee when it goes to labour courts anyway. I dont need that.

If you are bent to wait for the employee to resign, make a position for him. Basically a position with no prospect but some employees are just happy to have a salary. You'll probably waste more resources than 1st option.

Nowadays I only fill some positions with contract staffs or outsource. Win win for me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    As long as regular at hindi contractual ang tao, hindi pwede tanggalin basta basta maski na floating status sila.

Yung redundancy package is depende sa management yan.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Afaik,floating status is currently handling the position but not performing his capacity to perform his job indicated therin.

In the government service mostly high ranking officials experience this because of politics.nono

Imagine regional director ka wala kang hinahawakan na region kasi d mu kasaundo lahat tongressman sa region na yun ayun nasa central office lang nakaupo ng hihintay ng 2016 election..jeje

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hello fellow tsikoters,

TIA
    Saan ka bang industry bro? Paki-advice naman para mas tama at akma ang masasabi naming opinyon...

Generally, from what I heard from other companies (luckily,- not a single case in our company in the past up to the present)- kapag na-float ka kasi,- itinutulak ka ng management na mag-resign na lang... You've fallen out of grace..... Asar nga iyan dahil mostly office politics iyan...... And so, talo asar ang labanan....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Call center industry kami sir

Sabi kasi ng HR na ung mga tao naka floating ay without pay sila habang hinahanapan ng ibang account na papasukan...not sure by law gaano katagal ang pwede nila paantayin ung tao na naka floating..

Also pano kung yung poaition na offer sayo ay hinde mo gusto like from supervisor down to taga ayos ng events ng account? Pwede moba tangihan un?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Hahahah, parang kilala kita Sir mukhang kalugar ka lang namin nila sir CVT bandang alabang. Hihihi.

Anyhow, call center is like a big agency and pagnagsara or nawala account they try to find a suitable program for you, pero kung walang opening floating nga which i believe per my understanding is acceptable (except for agents position) kaya mas napaprioritize ang agent compared to TL up.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Call center industry kami sir

Sabi kasi ng HR na ung mga tao naka floating ay without pay sila habang hinahanapan ng ibang account na papasukan...not sure by law gaano katagal ang pwede nila paantayin ung tao na naka floating..

Also pano kung yung poaition na offer sayo ay hinde mo gusto like from supervisor down to taga ayos ng events ng account? Pwede moba tangihan un?
    Not in the call center industry and so this is based on my limited experience in a different environment:

I assume that the person is an employee of the company and not a contractor....Puwedeng no work no pay kung daily paid employee. Pero, dapat puwede niyang i-charge ang no work day sa kanyang leave, hanggang sa maubos ito... In which case, the company, in the absence of any foreseeable work for the person in the near future should opt to terminate the person's service, with the corresponding separation pay.

Now the second one is tricky. I assume, that is the available activity in the company for allocation. The person may or may not accept. If the person accepts, then there should be no diminution of benefits. Maybe the company wants the person to stay and so assigns the person to that set of activities temporarily... Talk to HR....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Floating status but regular employee at may bayad, vacation leave yun. Enjoy it while it lasts

Pero floating status ng regular employee at walang bayad puede magiging constructive dismissal yun

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Floating status but regular employee at may bayad, vacation leave yun. Enjoy it while it lasts

Pero floating status ng regular employee at walang bayad puede magiging constructive dismissal yun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast