New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    GasJunkie: Exactly what I was thinking. Ano bang pinagkaiba nito sa traditional retail? May kumikita parin naman at karamihan "just making ends meet". Kelangan parin naman ng business skills, luck, at connections. So what makes it so special? Because the interaction is ad-hoc? What's wrong with the traditional way anyway?

Take Amway for example. Sure, may konting kumikita, may iilang malaki ang kinita. But most of its members spend time in the system buying/selling rubbish from each other, in the end getting nothing (arguably, they even lose some).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I don't think there's much difference except maybe on how they do it, that leaves a lot to be desired.

:fly:

Edit If I believed on those, my dad would probably bash my head in for being greedy and stupid.
    Last edited by GasJunkie; October 21st, 2006 at 10:31 AM. Reason: chili crab is to die for

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Where in ORTIGAS HOME DEPOT is Legacy located? First Quadrant was putting up a building in the ORTIGAS HOME DEPOT compound, but didn't complete it. The building was foreclosed or something like that. From what I heard, it is now being converted to a call center or a call center's dormitory/residence.

If First Quadrant is that good, then why did this happen to their building that was under construction?
    Legacy HQ just before you go to the palutuans. if you hangout by Jayjay's resto, turn right ka lang. siguro pangatlo or pang-apat na puwesto. if my memory serves me right, baka nga magkatalikuran lang sila ng big bert's eh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    GasJunkie: Exactly what I was thinking. Ano bang pinagkaiba nito sa traditional retail? May kumikita parin naman at karamihan "just making ends meet". Kelangan parin naman ng business skills, luck, at connections. So what makes it so special? Because the interaction is ad-hoc? What's wrong with the traditional way anyway?

Take Amway for example. Sure, may konting kumikita, may iilang malaki ang kinita. But most of its members spend time in the system buying/selling rubbish from each other, in the end getting nothing (arguably, they even lose some).
    half of my business is in traditional retail. the problem with retailing is ang hirap makipag-compete with some chinese traders. you know naman the chinese way of doing business, kahit 30-50 petot kita sa 5000 puhunan, kinakagat nila. they keep their operating costs down by hiring helpers/maids as emps, they tax-evade hell even evade custom-duties just to keep their prices so low to be true. my mother-in-law is in the customs brokerage business. she's got american, japanese, chinese importer clients. she once said to me na kaya bumabagsak ang ekonomiya ng Pilipinas is bec. of the Chinese traders underdeclaring isang container ng goods.

i'll give you an example. how much is an epson projector nowadays? diba 50k above. you know what they'll do, they'll declare it as printers. yun tig 3k na epson printers. grabe! isang shipment yan. very convincing kasi kasinlaki lang ng kahon ng projector yun printer d'ba? and we all know naman na limited ang alam ng customs officers dito (except on the art of making money hehehe), since epson are known for printers, baka nga printers yun!

I believe MLM is just one way to do retailing biz plus you get to maintain contacts and to have repeat sales. it's controversial I know pero if it puts food in the table for the common pinoys just to go through the day. pabayaan na lang natin.

you know why some MLM collapses, nag-panic ang leadership. and then they become greedy, they think only of themselves, and forget their network. I believe if a leader of a MLM is just as good as the top execs of fortune companies like PLDT, meralco, globe, bpi etc..., hindi yan basta-basta mag-collapse. in other words, dapat may legal dept ang MLM to protect themselves from the greatest aggressor of all private companies: the govt.

regarding naman sir sa computation mo about unsustainable pyramid scheme, it maybe true kung one-time sales lang and people in the pyramid only value monetary benefits.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Oldblue: I'm not saying that MLM is unsustainable. I'm just skeptical of its supposed advantages over traditional retail. Ang point ko is why not just do retail the old fashioned way?

As for the computation, that's for a good ol' pyramid scheme. An "MLM" scheme that sidelines as a retail business is still a pyramid scheme (we know lots of those).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mlm = good if you are on top, tail end = sucks to be you.

:fly:

Edit having lots of friends you're willing to lose is also good.
    Last edited by GasJunkie; October 21st, 2006 at 06:40 PM. Reason: chili crab + saffron rice = Wtf has death got to do with anything

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Nagpamember din ako dati sa MLM, nasilaw kasi ako sa auto ng kumausap sakin. Langya na hype ako kasi nga naman dating waiter naka BMW at gen 3 pajero.
    Yung perang binayad niya pambili ng sasakyan eh perang kinuha dun sa membership fees ng mga bagong recruit.

So it's not really profit. Umiikot lang yung pera. Yung mga bagong recruit na gusto ring magka-BMW, kailangan maka-biktima (este, maka-recruit) din sila ng bagong members para manakaw (este, makuha) nila yung ibabayad nilang membership fees. Iipunin ito at siya namang ibabayad sa mga lumang members.

Masisikmura mo ba na yung pinambili mo ng Pajero eh pera ng ibang tao na walang kamalay-malay?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ganyan nga ngyari money is not everything. Reputation and credibility parin ang nangibabaw.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ako nagpamember ng FQ, 2 years ago na ata. Pero not for profit, alam ko naman na mahirap magrecruit dyan, kaya lang nagustuhan ko yung 50% off sa products nila tapos lifetime membership na daw yung 8880 ko. So eventually mababawi ko din yun, kasi magaganda naman products nila.

Biglang nanghina yung FQ mula nung nag away si Jamby at si Mike Defensor, naipit sa gitna ang FQ, kasi asawa (o kapatid ng asawa nalimutan ko) ni Mike ang isa sa mga founders. Hindi ko pa na try mag shop ulit since then.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    on traditional... you are selling products 100% para kumita...

on mlm... sa recruitment agency umaasa ang mlm company at mga agents nito...

pag nagpa member ka, they will give you product package that is 500% to 1000% above its normal prices, kasi yung membership fee mo ay paghahati hatian nung mga naka denggoy sau...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
First Quadrant