New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I believe the fate of jobs and businesses and the economy should be at the mercy of market forces.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    i dont know ha, mahirap kung ang role lang ng govt. is to become a referee.
    ...but only because of political reasons. Obviously, not too many people would be backing an impartial government (as opposed to a "nationalist" one).

in most developed countries, their governments have some sort of provision to bail out a malfunctioning member of society. I think they give allowances pa nga for the citizen to get back on his/her feet.
    But there doesn't have to be one. It's a sociopolitical curse, as opposed to an economic gift.

One other thing, one reason why the WTO talks never work is because of these bailout provisions. The developing countries cannot afford such because it costs *everybody* too much to bail out such "malfunctioning members of society". It's not exactly fair for industries in developed countries to be able to bail out their industries while the industries in the developing countries die.

in govt. - citizen relationship, there's no such person as not qualified.
    The qualification I'm talking about doesn't exist government-to-citizen. It's industry-to-society. It's not an explicit qualification. I can't be a doctor just because I want to. I have my responsibilities to society if I want to be a doctor, I must meet the qualifications. This extends to industries too.

kahit na taong grasa na hindi nag-contribute sa society, pag namatay sa kalsada, obligation pa din ng gobyerno na ilibing sya kung walang ibang maglilibing. hindi dahil, puwede magbigay ng disease ang bangkay niya dahil kakalat-kalat sa lansangan, kungdi dahil he is still human.
    A funeral for a dead man is cheap compared to life support for a dying industry. Especially an industry that's dying out of it's own hand. Remember, in the end it's going to be EVERYBODY who'll be paying the price.

For the dead man, the social, moral and public health costs of him rotting on the streets far outweigh any financial cost for his burial.

But for some unproductive, unprofitable, unviable industry, it would be best to let it die and someone start up another company and see if they could do better.

kung corporation ang maglilibing, the former reason will apply. bec. corporations are self-serving -> a characteristic of every man for himself or "survival of the fittest".
    Admittedly though, we're having different idealizations of what a government should be.

My 96 sentimo worth.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; April 2nd, 2007 at 07:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    For me, a govt should just provide infrastructure, and peace and order.

Just give the people an environment where they can pursue their goals freely.

If people (and corporations) make bad decisions and screw up... well, that's not the govt's problem.

But apparently, many people want the govt to act like a nanny. Kaya may term na "nanny state".

People want the state to take care of them when they screw up. Or simply take care of them all the time.

Problem with that is u get a huge complex monster of a bureaucracy that needs a huge monstrous amount of money to maintain.

Bail out money-losing businesses? sure.

Free health care for everyone? sure.

Heavy taxation? baket wala nagtataas na kamay?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Filipino Traitors - as defined...