New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I don't think the Filipinos are that poor.

I will use the Dog's food section as my guide. Whereas before, the dog's food section is but a mere small space in Supermarkets, but now, it occupies one whole side/portion!

Consider that the price of Dog's food ranges from Php60 - 145, compared to rice which is Php16 - 50, and Filipinos are buying (the former), says something that Filipinos are not that poor.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    NOTE: Pahabol lang po, dahil one week akong "absent":

Is the Philippines really that poor? My answer would be no. I've been to a lot of countries that are poorer. I've traveled their countryside and met their people. Many of them are "mahirap pa sa mahirap na daga". But IMO, the Philippines is generally poor.

Yes, a lot of Filipino households have all the ameneties of a...."comfortable life", if one can call it that. Electronic gadgets and gizmos, automobiles and a whole menagerie of "luxuries" that a lot of Filipinos take for granted.

I used the word "luxuries" becuase only a relatively small percentage of Filipino households in the entire nation have all or any of these. Due to my work, I've been around the Philippines and I've visited places where the poverty and hardship I saw is downheartening. Consider: one family of five living just by a peso of patis for ulam. They only eat two meals a day.

There are a lot of cynics I've met during my travels that say "Anak kasi sila ng anak. Mahirap na nga, tanga pa - hindi nag-iisip" or "Wala naman kasi silang pinag-aralan, kaya wala silang pupuntahan". But the thing is, Who are they to judge? Who am I to judge?

Who's to blame? Oh, everybody blames anybody they can think of: the government, the church, the leftist, the rightists, foreign governments, religion, the noranians, the vilmanians and what have you. Then, who's to blame? Personally, I don't know.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Filipinos are not poor.... pero mahilig ata sa "MAMAYA NA" "BAHALA NA"

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lexlibris
    I don't think the Filipinos are that poor.

I will use the Dog's food section as my guide. Whereas before, the dog's food section is but a mere small space in Supermarkets, but now, it occupies one whole side/portion!

Consider that the price of Dog's food ranges from Php60 - 145, compared to rice which is Php16 - 50, and Filipinos are buying (the former), says something that Filipinos are not that poor.
    ..also only the moneyed person goes to the "Dog Food's Section" to buy something nutritious for their beloved pet. Whereas the average Pinoys fed their beloved pet with left-over foods. ;)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    dagdag kona rin ang vanities o asal yabang ng pinoy..lagyan ng katatamtamang hiwa ng corruption, tapos hahaluan ng isang takal ng envy..budburan ng kapirasong hiwa ng crab mentality..pakuluin kunti..garnish with a dash of colonial mentality..

..templadong kaplastikan ng pinoy...yong mga pinaghiwaan at kalat binasura na when it can be recycled or even kept for some needful use..maaksaya ang ibang pinoy..di kasi pinaghirapan..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    kung sino pa yong mahirap sila pa ang mayayabang, tingnan nyo tong nasa harap ng bahay ng parents ko

Kung sino yung mahirap sila ang mayabang
    Kung sino yung mahirap sila ang di marunong magipon
    Kung sino yung mahirap sila ang abusado
    At kung sino yung mahirap sila ang tamad

...nough said

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    huli mo don ILD!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yup, just like taxi, jeepney and tricycle drivers. Abusado sa daan akala mo kung makakabayad sa civic ko kung babanggain nila, hmm

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit naman kasi "naghihirap" ang mga pinoy...ang hilig nating GUMASTOS!!!

wala na ngang pera..gastos parin!!!hala..mall dito mall doon.hindi mag ipon!

yang ina jan..wala naman talagang pera...bili parin ng mamahaling mga sasakyan.kaya mukhang hindi poor ang pinoy...pero para sakin..we are poor COMPARED to other countries.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Is the Filipino that Poor?