New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sensitive lang talaga Pinoy... my take is children should learn English more, ang tagalog naman matututunan nila yan while they're growing up.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    sensitive lang talaga Pinoy... my take is children should learn English more, ang tagalog naman matututunan nila yan while they're growing up.
    Exactly!

I get comments (i na joking manner of course) from officemates that my kids are "nosebleed" to speak with but heck, they enjoy wtaching nick, disney channel and cooking shows over Willie Menyek and those other noontime bits.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I could compare this issue with programming languages.... It is all about what is being used by the majority..... Majority of the human population uses English or is familiar with English so it is more practical to use the said language....

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bad trip lang ako sa tagalog/filipino pag tinututor ko mga anak ko sa Sibika. Nakakaintindi sila tagalog pero yung usapan bahay lang, mas komportable sila sa ingles telebisyon style.

Pano mo ipapaliwanag ang hilagang kanlurang latitude at longhitud, tropiko ng kanser, timog silangan ng ekwador ek ek amp...Tapos may balita pa dati gusto daw pati math tagalog..naknang

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Exactly!

I get comments (i na joking manner of course) from officemates that my kids are "nosebleed" to speak with but heck, they enjoy wtaching nick, disney channel and cooking shows over Willie Menyek and those other noontime bits.
    I hate the "nosebleed" comments. How self-defeating. Ibig mong sabihin... sobrang hirap mag-aral ng Ingles? Pwe. Galing ako sa US, at kahit mahirap, pinilit kong mag-aral ng Tagalog. My classmates who made fun of my English accent in school are now working... where? Siyempre, sa US.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    My classmates who made fun of my English accent in school are now working... where? Siyempre, sa US.
    Or at a Call Center?

I agree, whats with this elitist view on speaking English that has been imbibed with a lot people nowadays? Pero pag nalasing naman sila, pa-ingles ingles din naman. :D

I had to learn Tagalog in school as well. My teacher even suggested i watch some good Tagalog movies to help improve on also. Paado naman (but don't expect me to understand the deep words).

When i'm in Cebu, my friend was saying that their language hierarchy is Cebuano - English - Tagalog so it would even be easier to communicate in English over Tagalog if you're not adept in Cebuano/Bisaya.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009

Janina San Miguel, Bb, Pilipinas Q & A Blooper

In the Philippines, speaking good English is a Reliable indicator of Quality educational attainment.

Janina San Miguel is a daughter of a Jeepney Driver and was schooled in one of those "Diploma Mills".

This Video speaks a Thousand Words.

She won but eventually gave up her Bb. crown because of pressure.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's a good one:

From beerkada.net by Lyndon Gregorio

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron nanaman miss universe, sana kumuha na lang ng translator this time para naman hinde olats sa Q&A

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    pag ako magka anak na, tuturuan ko ng english. kahit di maging magaling sa tagalog ok lang.

nagiging flat na ang mundo e. di na gaanong useful ang tagalog. opinion ko lang.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast