New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The accident happened at around 8am this morning. An Isuzu Trooper that was making a turn from Ayala Ave. to H.V. Dela Costa experienced some problems with the accelerator pedal (as narrated by the owner) when it got stuck while he was stepping on it when he was making the turn. As a result, the trooper rammed the steel fence near Metrobank (GT Tower) on to the sidewalk and on a concrete bench just outside the bank branch. It was a good thing though that there were no pedestrians walking, nor were there people sitting on the bench during that time.

A toyota corolla was side swiped while the trooper hit the fence. the corolla sustained a scraped right side (front fender up to the rear door) and a broken side mirror. The driver of the corolla was okay...so was the trooper driver...although the wife of the trooper owner suffered a cut on her lip. must have bitten her lip during the accident.

When all the steel fence debris were removed from under the trooper, and after one tire was replaced....the trooper drove off the sidewalk before it was attached to the tow truck.

Mods: i don't know what section to post this. paki move na lang po kung di pwede dito.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heto na naman tayo sa 'accelerator got stuck' alibi. Maybe it's his foot that got stuck.

It's common knowledge that the brakes of a modern automobile can hold a vehicle in place even if the engine is on full power.

But that's one tough Trooper.

I pity the car he sideswiped. Innocent victim.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    holy cow. at least it wasn't as gory as the last ayala ave accident.; :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nyyaaaaayyyy...kakatakot. di kaya nasaniban yang trooper.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    di kaya nagkamali lang nang tinapakang pedal yan? instead of brakes, accelerator ang natapakan?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    well, hirap talaga mag speculate kung anong nangyari when it happened, pero that was according to what he said. The owner was mga late 40'sh or early 50'sh na, and mukhang maingat sa sasakyan niya and kasi her wife has a hip problem and was using a walker na parang wheel chair din at the same time, so i guess maingat din siya mag drive.

buti na lang at walang nasaktan sa accident na yon.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I think so...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    di kaya nagkamali lang nang tinapakang pedal yan? instead of brakes, accelerator ang natapakan?
    according to the driver/owner, naka stop sila sa ayala ave. kasi red light pa, when the light turned green, he accelerated and turned towards dela costa st., pero when he lifted his foot to slow down, na stuck na raw yung accelerator pedal, kaya iniwasan na niya yung mga cars infront and swerved towards the steel fence....pero di kinaya nung fence na i-stop yung car kaya umakyat pa sa sidewalk. the only thing that made the trooper stop was the concrete bench.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kawawa naman yung Trooper. Ibinangga na, sya pa ang pinagbintangan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    that makes absolutely no sense.

if i was in that situation (hindi bumalik yung accelerator pedal) then the obvious thing to do is full brake and depress the clutch (to spare the engine from lugging when it dies, but even if no clutch press, the engine will lug and then stall). if it's an auto tranny, just full brake, the torque converter will take care of things. then shut off the engine.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Vehicular Accident at Ayala Ave. cor. Dela Costa