New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    btw, the trooper has a bullbar with those rubber protectors. when it hit the bench, natanggal yung isang rubber protector sa top portion nung bullbar. i saw na yung dugtong ng stainless steel tubing hindi pala naka weld....kundi masking tape lang ang nakalagay.

well, malay nga atin.. baka naka slippers at di naalis agad sa gas pedal(happend to me once kay shoes na lagi ako)

or sadyang nataranta na.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Can that "stuck accelerator" thing can happen if the car is an automatic?

I think there was a time last year ata yun when a family's new driver drove their automatic na car for the first time. After dropping off the kids to school, as he was exiting the premises, bigla nalang daw humatak yung car then he plowed into 3 or 4 other (expensive!) cars.

Ang lame excuse nya is that "the automatic did it". You believe that bull?

I read it in the Inquirer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Kawawa naman yung Trooper. Ibinangga na, sya pa ang pinagbintangan.
    Siyempre the driver will not blame himself.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya pala ma traffic kaninang umaga sa dela costa...

though if the accelerator really got stucked - why didn't he use his emergency / parking brakes?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A stuck throttle CAN happen to any vehicle.

However, that's no excuse to not be able to stop the vehicle. The service brakes (dual circuit), parking brakes, and even ignition key are all at your disposal.

Simply slamming it into neutral and letting the engine blow up by itself is considered acceptable during an emergency.

Just don't panic.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka naman may kakalat kalat na mineral water sa ibaba niya tapos nabarhan breaks. happened to me once.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Just don't panic.
    Ito yung madaling sabihin pero mahirap gawin, lalo na pag sobrang bilis at biglaan.

magagawa mo lang di magpanic kung may presence of mind ka, and wag mo i apply nakikita mo sa movies/TV...

mabubungo/makakabungo nalang sisigaw at tatakpan pa ang mukha!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    A stuck throttle CAN happen to any vehicle.

However, that's no excuse to not be able to stop the vehicle. The service brakes (dual circuit), parking brakes, and even ignition key are all at your disposal.
    i've been wondering for a long time na, if it is really possible to just turn off the ignition key while the gear is still engaged when you experience a brake failure. does anybody know if it really works? kasi baka gamitin natin yung technique na yon...tapos di pala effective.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Vehicular Accident at Ayala Ave. cor. Dela Costa