New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT:

The first time I saw a plane crash into the WTC, I thought it was a movie.

Until somebody told me it was live and real.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    OT:

Me too. It was surreal. Especially when the towers came tumbling down...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    saw this tv in cash and carry costs a whopping P849k. pero kahit sa malapit malinaw pa rin talaga.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:

Yeah... that was surreal indeed. I was just waiting for Scooby Doo to show on Cartoon Network when i switched to CNN that time.

It's almost 9/11 BTW.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yeah... that was surreal indeed. I was just waiting for Scooby Doo to show on Cartoon Network when i switched to CNN that time.

It's almost 9/11 BTW.
    ako rin, until i saw the CNN logo, then i woke up my wife, and texted several of my friends

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I saw something like that too... (i think i was HS or college that time) it looked so real; i would have fallen for it had i not switched to CNN and saw nothing about it, and later I noticed it was being played on the movie channel (HBO i think). It seems to have caused a fracas so when it was supposedly aired again, they had to put a disclaimer.
    Pinsan ko nabiktima niyan nun HS din ako. I think we are talking about the same show. Hahaha na post ko na before dito yun kwento eh.

Regarding twin tower. I knew from the onset that it was real cuz my mom was in the US during that
    time she was supposed to fly to NY sept 10 pero na delay naging sept 11 and rest is history. Grounded Sa orange county. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing
    Last edited by shadow; September 5th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    is that a challenge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    LG 4k TV commercial. Didn't they do a similar prank using the collapsing elevator floor?
    I think the floor would work better... because you're not looking at it and expecting to see any depth. At a standing angle, you won't notice it's not really three dimensional.

-

If it's a window, there will be some cues as to its flatness, unless, of course, you've got the person sitting as far away from it as possible.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Pinsan ko nabiktima niyan nun HS din ako. I think we are talking about the same show. Hahaha na post ko na before dito yun kwento eh.

Regarding twin tower. I knew from the onset that it was real cuz my mom was in the US during that
    time she was supposed to fly to NY sept 10 pero na delay naging sept 11 and rest is history. Grounded Sa orange county. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing
    Parang nakwento mo na rin nga dati...

Siguro kung nag end of the world tapos kasama mo lang that time, yung chicks na crush mo, aminan na yan! :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:

I was watching it on TV. I knew it was the real thing. But I couldn't get the surreal feeling that someone used a commercial passenger plane full of people to crash into it. The moment the first tower collapse was even harder to believe. I wanted it to be a bad dream where I would wake up from in the next moment.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just like the War of the Worlds panic during 1938.

The War of the Worlds (radio drama) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They actually replayed this drama during the 1980s locally in the AM band and it really sounded realistic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast