New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

OT: I miss the days when we would park beside the road fronting the bay, past midnight, and enjoy the FedEx planes a few meters above us, descending and landing every 3-5minutes...(we were never asked to move out of the area during those times.....).... Surreal experience....

BTT: The duty-free goods are okay.... The parking area is so so..... not like before....

19.1K:insomnia:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    petron in front of puregold subic was where i got a ton of water in my diesel. beware!
    Geez... that's where i see a lot of the CRDi SUVs and vans load up pa naman. There's still Eastern Petroleum and Total in Subic as well...

Is American Hardware still alive? I liked window shopping there before.

*CVT, sad that they moved out the FedEx hub from Subic. I also miss the old track days on the SIR with Kookie Ramirez giving one-on-one lessons (we'd all stay at the cheapest accommodations we could find... minsan yung dating military hospital na ginawang hotel)
    Last edited by vinj; May 17th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Geez... that's where i see a lot of the CRDi SUVs and vans load up pa naman. There's still Eastern Petroleum and Total in Subic as well...

*CVT, sad that they moved out the FedEx hub from Subic. I also miss the old track days on the SIR with Kookie Ramirez giving one-on-one lessons (we'd all stay at the cheapest accommodations we could find... minsan yung dating military hospital na ginawang hotel)
    Yes, bro.,- so sad for our economy.... They could not expand the airport, and so they moved out to Hong Kong... I was extended the privilege to tour their package sorting facility... Wow! Really... really... really.... state of the art...

The planes landing one after the other normally lasted for about an hour, around 1AM.... By that time, may tama na kami (from the beers we were drinking)... and it was time to hit the bed, or the bars on the other side of the base... ... Oh well,- those were the days....

19.1K:insomnia:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is that the one outside of Royal Duty Free? The last time I was there was around a year ago and open pa naman.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Is that the one outside of Royal Duty Free? The last time I was there was around a year ago and open pa naman.
    Yep... That's the one. Ewan ko nga paano kumikita yun since mahal yung items. Sarap lang tumingin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep... That's the one. Ewan ko nga paano kumikita yun since mahal yung items. Sarap lang tumingin.
    Kumikita sya kasi mahal nga items

I was always tempted to get their tow hitch dati every time I went there.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Kumikita sya kasi mahal nga items

I was always tempted to get their tow hitch dati every time I went there.
    What i almost bought there were their Simpson racing shoes. May mga JDM surplus parts pa sila sa back area.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Magpa-gas na rin kayo sa Subic or Clark. :D
    you need coupon na sa clark to avail of tax free fuel. nagpafull tank ako last April 18, nasa 49 something unleaded, same price sa manila. it was 47 tho sa pangasinan area

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    it was 47 tho sa pangasinan area
    There's a town in Pangasinan or Tarlac (forgot where exactly) that sells cheaper fuel than the rest of the other towns.

BTT:

I can only buy those Mezzetta pickled jalapeno peppers inside Clark Puregold. Wala sa iba, talaga!
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; May 20th, 2013 at 05:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    For reasons that are still unclear to me, we ended up in Royal instead of PureGold. There were a few bargains, but like some posters have mentioned, beware the expiration date.

Ung mga de lata nila not necessarily cheaper; yung sigurado ko lang is yung Spam niya. Andaming tao when we went there so we just ended up eating hotdogs outside :p

Confirmed, American Hardware is still open; di lang nga kami pumasok, medyo madilim yung loob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast