New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 145 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Don't know if im in the right thread tho. but does school really matter? Planning to study in a less prominent university. (Letran intramuros)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you plan to go corporate, it matters a lot - I haven't heard of many top officers in the top companies in the country not coming from the top universities. It also helps in building connections, and for your first job, a lot of companies will throw your resume into the bin if you're not from the top universities unless you're a standout.

If you're planning to be a businessman, it doesn't matter much. The most successful businessmen I know rose to where they are not because of their school but because of their inherent business acumen, something school can't teach.

Personally, I value education very highly. I would go to great lengths for my children to go to good schools. I also believe that aside from being a more marketable person in the corporate world, a good university education expands your vision and wisdom to more than what the textbooks offer.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Don't know if im in the right thread tho. but does school really matter? Planning to study in a less prominent university. (Letran intramuros)

Why are you choosing Letran over the more prominent schools anyway?

Is it a matter of distance (dorm can handle that), finances (scholarship can cover that), or academic insufficiency (hard to hurdle unless you're filthy rich)?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I don't believe that the school you went into will bring you to the top. It's the person's skills and will that will determine a person's success.

It should be "ME" that will carry the name of my school, and not the other way around.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    It should be "ME" that will carry the name of my school, and not the other way around.

I agree with this too, but iba talaga ang training ng top universities compared to the others.

For me its like a good tuning shop. Whether sports car or econobox, they can maximize the car's potential.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Why are you choosing Letran over the more prominent schools anyway?

Is it a matter of distance (dorm can handle that), finances (scholarship can cover that), or academic insufficiency (hard to hurdle unless you're filthy rich)?

Thanks sir actually I have lame reasons; I have lots of friends in Letran including some profs, my girlfriend, I do not need to study that much compared to Mapua which is really "kailangan mag sunog ng kilay at umiyak ng dugo" , cause of car guys in Letran, Honestly I don't know if I can manage to stay in Mapua( almost all of my friends already left mapua since it was very hard daw)

I know my reasons are very lame. Thinking of studying in Mapua nalang siguro but I gotta study hard talaga. Na halos wala ng social life siguro.
    Thanks again sir.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sorry bro pero ang babaw nga. Kung talagang kaibigan mo yung barkada mo, whether Letran ka or Mapua it shouldn't matter.

4 years na pagtitiis (if you wanna put it that way) will help you a lot to jumpstart your career.

Car guys marami yan kahit anong school. ACE in arrneo, DLSU Car Club in lasuhhl, etc etc. Maraming Mapua students dito sa Tsikot board, hanapin mo nalang sila

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kung ganyan kababaw ka mag rason, kahit saang school ka dalhin walang mangyayari.

Para sa akin school doesn't matter although up graduate ako. It's the decisions you make sa kahit saang bagay that really matter.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Oo nga mga sir sensya sa rason. Marami narin kasi pinagdaanan the past few years halos sumuko narin ako. Kaya siguro naghahanap naman ako ng saya ngayon.

Thanks po mga sir.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    San grupo ka? Maldito or swabe? O may mga bago bang grupo dun?

Ano ba yun pinagdaanan mo na sinasabi mo?

No offense. But i agree with everyone ang babaw masyado ng dahilan mo.

Yes school matters yet yung performance mo habang nag aaral it matters too. Ano ba hihingin sayo pag naghanap ka ng trabaho? Diploma at transcript mo. Sa transcript dun naka reflect anong klase kang tao. Numbers don't lie.

Page 1 of 145 123451151101 ... LastLast
Does school really matter?