New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i speak english if im talking with someone who speak english, when im having difficulty speaking id rather pause and speak slowly, i have the tendency to talk fast which, sometimes i mumble the word i say. minsan spaeking clearly and speaking understandbly is good enough, kasi yung ibang foreigner dont have correct grammar but yun iba speak audibly so nakakadaya

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Lots of reading (for spelling, word use, grammar and sentence construction) and a little good TV will help (for diction and understanding accents).
    I agree. I have to admit that i haven't been spending enough time reading good books anymore.

Masmasaya magbasa ng forums dito sa tsikot.com

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have days that I can really speak good English and there are days that I really just can't help eating my words. If its a bad day, as long as person I'm talking to understands Filipino, I just talk to him in Filipino. Di naman kailangan sabayan ng spokening english para makibagay.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    here's a pickup line...

You look family! Are you familiar???

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mayroon pa akong observation sa mga young parents ngayon..ewan ko lang kung pansin niyo ito:

bakit nila kinakausap yung anak nila ng english?..saan ba galing mga anak nila, mga foreigner ba yun?..kaya yung bata english lang ang alam kapag nag-aral ng pilipino sa school mga baluktot ang dila..

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    I know someone na medyo related sa post ni Hero.

During the time of Pinoy Alternative circa 90s, there was this guy who is really proud of the Pinoy Ethnic Culture. He jams with Joey Ayala, Freddie Aguilar, etc. Usually dressed in ethnic attire. Knows how to play ethnic musical instruments. Composed ethnic musics. In short Proud Pinoy siya. Then he became a father. He never taught his son to speak in Tagalog. He never let his son play with other children simply because they speak in Tagalog. This guy is full of hypocrisy in his blood.

IMO, teaching your children the English is fine with me. But forgetting your own culture is BS. Teka nga pala English yung post ko ah. :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Tingin ko ok lang yung English sa bata, basta tama yung English nung magulang. Pero mali naman yata yung bawal makipaglaro sa nagatatagalog. Ano ba naman yan...

Ah eto, pero tingin ko nagbibiro lang yung nagsalita eh: "Thanks for the time being ha."
    Last edited by the_wildthing; April 29th, 2005 at 10:49 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    mayroon pa akong observation sa mga young parents ngayon..ewan ko lang kung pansin niyo ito:

bakit nila kinakausap yung anak nila ng english?..saan ba galing mga anak nila, mga foreigner ba yun?..kaya yung bata english lang ang alam kapag nag-aral ng pilipino sa school mga baluktot ang dila..
    See!!! I made this mistake but I kinda have a legit reason. I gained full custody of my daughter when she was a year old and moved back to the states. I just speak to her in English for obvious reasons. Now I kinda regret it cuz I kase kailangan may suhol just so I can teach her a few things. I made sure she knew the culture though, at least most of what I can remember. She calls my folks Lolo and Lola even though my dad is white. So now, I just started re-establishing residency in Manila and she's gonna have to go to school there in Manila and it's gonna be the same cycle over again. She should be okay though. Bata pa anman sya and they pick it up like that [snap].

What I noticed in the states though... There are a lot of what we call "TWINKIES" Yellow on the outside but White on the Inside. alam mo na... mga Asians in general lumakhi sa tate and they talk and act like white people. Maski na ganun sila, you can still see the deep Filipino culture imbeded in them especially around family and friends. ...and I can almost guarantee they all do the KARAOKE thing!!! We can't deny it! It's in our blood!!!

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    swapcentral.ph, what sucks are those who deny their heritage. Pero pango naman ang ilong. :D

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok lang naman yun kung nasa states..dahil english naman talaga dun.. pero yung mga andito sa maynila..kausap nila yung bata, english..kapag silang mag-asawa pilipino naman gamit..

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Do You Spokening English?