New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    basta ako pag nasa pinas or kahit anong bansa pag alam ko pinoy and nakaka intindi ng tagalog
    tagalog lang ang salita ko bahala syang bumaluktot dila nya kaka english

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ok lang na medyo mali basta informal lang. Masama pag nasa print media like news or literature, or kahit sa TV...

Kahit sa law acceptable ang maling English basta nakukuha ang intent.

Eto common mistakes I've come across:

1. "Tense" problems - Somebody change the settings last night. Last night nga eh, di changed.

2. Double preposition - I'll pick you up at around 7 o'clock. It's either at or around, never both.

3. Go here. You should never go here. You go there and come here, but never go here.

4. Irregardless. Besides being a double negative, it is not even a word. The word is regardless.

5. Not unless. Double negative. Baka unless lang.

6. Be rest assured. Baka rest assured.

7. It's vs. Its. One is shortened "It is" while the other is possessive.

8. Road close. Nalito yata sa tense ulit. Eh di naman verb yung close kundi adjective. Kaya closed dapat.

9. Brake vs. break. Eto nasa signature ni MBT. Yung una preno. Yung isa basagin.

http://www.clifford.com.ph/article3.html

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hirap nga ako.. merun bang ways para maging fluent? :D

nahihirapan tuloy kao lumapit pag conyo un babae hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Lots of reading (for spelling, word use, grammar and sentence construction) and a little good TV will help (for diction and understanding accents).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    TV? what shows kaya? any suggestions?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Any TV show without Jimmy Santos in it. :lol:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nag-english lang ako pagkinausap ako in english... pero pag-alam ko naman nagtatagalog yun at conio-logs lang, eh nagtatagalog na lang ako...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I write both for fun and for competition and yet I feel that I still have a long way to go with my english skills.

However, seeing that even Americans in U.S. forums also don't have perfect english, I guess I'm not that far off.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    imo, kahit anong lumabas na english grammar sa bibig ko no big deal..basta ba napaparating ko ang ibig kong ipaunawa sa kausap kung hapon man o kano o aleman o italyano..english kasi ang international language na gamit..

sa totoo lang pag yong iba naman ang umenglish lalo na sa english movies or tv shows di ko parin masundan ang pilipit ng mga pinagsasabi nila..slang kasi tapos hindi clear ang diction..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Here’s something to think about concerning our country’s English proficiency and enunciation and pronunciation. IIRC the unemployment rate is now at around 7-11% and yet call centers and other organizations are hard pressed to fill in positions because of dismal English language skills that a lot of Pinoys have. I know a lot of Filipinos take pride in their bad English but it isn’t funny when you're turned down because you are barok.

I’ve been interviewing a lot of applications for the past few weeks (100+) and barely 20% of our positions are filled. A great number of applications flunk because of poor scores from their language exam. Sure a lot of us might say “that’s ok” if you’re working locally but a lot of local businesses use English in their communiqués and documentation. What more if you try to apply at multinationals like P&G, Citibank or whatnot?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Do You Spokening English?