New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    The most stupid thing you can do is Lumaki ka sa Pinas' then sumablay pa yong Tagalog mo...then that's stupidity and hypocrisy...you dont' belong to any culture or whatever.
    Hay nako, mga peeps. Maraming ganitong kabataan today. Bato bato sa langit, tamaan hwag magalit pero karamihan ng kabataan na ganit come from high-profile schools or from a Pinoy household where the parents talk to each other in Tagalog, but speak to their children in English. I have quite a few friends and aquaintances na yung mga anak nila eh baluktot mag-Tagalog. Yung isang anak ng friend ko told me this once "Tagalog is so colloquial, so everyday." May relative si misis sa Cebu na yung mga anak, marunong ngag mag-Cebuano, eh may U.S. twang naman kung mag-salita. Parang trying-hard tuloy and dating.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The most stupid thing you can do is Lumaki ka sa Pinas' then sumablay pa yong Tagalog mo...then that's stupidity and hypocrisy...you dont' belong to any culture or whatever.
    Hay nako, mga peeps. Maraming ganitong kabataan today. Bato bato sa langit, tamaan hwag magalit pero karamihan ng kabataan na ganito come from high-profile schools or from a Pinoy household where the parents talk to each other in Tagalog, but speak to their children in English. I have quite a few friends and aquaintances na yung mga anak nila eh baluktot mag-Tagalog. Yung isang anak ng friend ko told me this once "Tagalog is so colloquial, so everyday." May relative si misis sa Cebu na yung mga anak, marunong ngag mag-Cebuano, eh may U.S. twang naman kung mag-salita. Parang trying-hard tuloy and dating.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; April 27th, 2005 at 12:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    Im not visayan but believe it or not, they speak better english than people from luzon...i mean, they speak like they were born here - hard to believe but most, if not all visayan i've met here in the US and in Canada can speak like its their mother tongue (without the unnatural, trying-hard to speak american accent-english).

i do agree with the ones you enumerated though.

So true, di ba bai?

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Here's my share:
    1. Repair shops across the country:"We specialized in....."
    2. Open/close your computer, when they mean turning it on or off. As with the case with lights: "open/close the lights".
    3. The "na" extension so common among teen boppers " You keep it...NA! (Lintek, ok na sana yung english)
    4. CONO Talk
    5. Fact: Starbucks make people speak English suddenly.
    6. Jeepney mud guard :"It's hurts if I'm not the First".
    7. T-Shirt : " I is in College"

Want more? Go to www.engrish.com and you'll see more funny stuff by our Asian neighbors.

Full-Out instead of Pull-Out. Yan ang spokening english ng secretary namin. Pati spelling ganon din hehehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nung nasa Japan ako, may clothing stora na ito ang marquee:

"We Support Your Socks Life".

Lahat ng klaseng kulay ata ng medyas, meron sila.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is correct english anymore? you go on the most reputable tv stations, newspapers or websites here in the US and you'll find typos and grammar mistakes all over the place. yes, i'm talking NBC, CNN, ESPN.

although the best one i heard recently was a pinay yelling at her white boyfriend/husband --> "keep shut!"

nalito siguro kung "shut up" or "keep quiet" yung sasabihin

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    true true, puros slang na lahat ngayon...

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    I guess it's alright...Ive been here in NYC for a long time and heard a lot of accent, broken english but nobody bothers you ...a lot of smart people doesn't even speaks english, Japs, Germans etc. etc. The most stupid thing you can do is Lumaki ka sa Pinas' then sumablay pa yong Tagalog mo...then that's stupidity and hypocrisy...you dont' belong to any culture or whatever.
    Kerek(ala Kris A.) ka kapatid! Marami ring akong kaibigan na "nakalimutan" ng mag-tagalog dahil nasa abroad sila for 5 years and above which I doubt 'coz they left Pinas in their early 20s.

Wrong English, grammar, spelling, etc. by our own Kababayan should, IMO, be CORRECTED by the peeps who know the correct way NOT BY LAUGHING OR MAKING FUN from their mistakes. Remember tao lang tayo at nagkakamali.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    During ROTC days.... while being punished for showing up without the prescribed haircut that was announced the day before.

While doing some push ups, our S4 officer scolded us..."I told you to cut your haircut, now look at!" Ayun, instead of doing the punishment, di na namin matapos coz we were laughing na! Realizing na mali yung sinabi niya, umalis yung officer namin.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Do You Spokening English?