New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I'm 38 years old..and 3 years ago. when i had my blood examined..the result of my LDL is high..Last month , pa checked-up ulit ako sa asian hospital.. and my LDL is 250 ang level...Kayo? alam nyo na rin ba ang cholesterol level nyo?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was tested last November 21, 2005
    My LDL-direct level is 104.00 MG/DL
    The reference range we use here is 66-178

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ako around 168 or so, not sure.

My LDL was high last year (and me only 30), pero I'd just come down to 200 lbs from being 250 lbs in College... from 150 in High School (track team, *sigh*) and 200 lbs in grade school...

What you guys should also look at is your blood sugar (both fasting blood and 3 month average) and liver profile and uric acid... if you like San Mig.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as of 04/05 (my last APE), my LDL was 170. an improvement because it went as high as 330 during year 2004.

ngayon, siguro, mas bumaba pa (sana...)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    as of 04/05 (my last APE), my LDL was 170. an improvement because it went as high as 330 during year 2004.

ngayon, siguro, mas bumaba pa (sana...)
    Happy Gilmore... that is amazing...share mo naman papaano ang ginawa mong pag papababa ng LDL mo.. In my case.. I am doing my 3 months medication..(started last month only) then balik ulit ako this coming March...I am taking Lipitor... plus low fat low salt diet and cardio exercise..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Revovx200
    Happy Gilmore... that is amazing...share mo naman papaano ang ginawa mong pag papababa ng LDL mo.. In my case.. I am doing my 3 months medication..(started last month only) then balik ulit ako this coming March...I am taking Lipitor... plus low fat low salt diet and cardio exercise..

Wow. Same boat here. Started taking Lipitor at the start of the year. 250+ na LDL ko. Had a hypertension episode last month (first time). Taking Metoprolol daily to bring my BP down.

Word of advice, do not take Lipitor and Metoprolol together before you sleep. You have a hard time sleeping. Take them separately.

Ever had your LDL check after drinking for a month? What are the results?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nagpacheck ako ngayon taas din ako.

dalhin ko result sa doktor tom.

sigh!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Revovx200

all natural po ginawa ko. walang medicines or whatsoever. discipline lang talaga sa food. staples include oats and lots and lots of fruits and vegetables. avoided meat except for fish and chicken (excluding skin). bawas rice din, which i subsituted with oats as a principal source of carbohydrates. kung may rice man, yung brown rice yung kinakain ko.

yes, no salt, no junkfoods. my snacks consists of microwaved natural popcorn (yung walang butter).

and yes, alternated between green tea and water lang. walang coffee, walang other drinks.

tapos, cardio everyday using the 60% heart rate approach, for 30 minutes/everyday. i've included weight training too 3x/day, using the mid-weight to max rep approach.

not only i've lost some LDL values, i've also lost 20 pounds, and 2 inches from my waistline. BP went down from the resting 140/100 to 110/80. Resting heart rate decreased from 130 bpm to 80 bpm.

ngayon, kumakain na ako ng pakonti-konting taba (just to remove my cravings...), pero di na yung parang dati na taba halos araw-araw ang ulam ko.

habits also changed. before, i used to take my car or a cab from the RCBC Plaza to Glorietta during lunchtime extra curricular activities, now i just walk...

Do you know your LDL (bad cholesterol ) level?