ruling class agenda:

dumb down the masses

keep the masses stupid

keep them entertained with junk programming

a dumb population is easier to control
    +1 on this one

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ so is that the reason why the public school education system is so ineffective?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i wouldnt go as far as saying this "dumbing of the masses" was all planned from the beginning

however...

dumb people are easier to fool

dumb people are easier to sell crap to, easier to take money from, easier to take advantage of, easier to push around...

one of the reasons why wealth and power is concentrated in the top 1% of the population is coz the top 1% knows how to exploit the 99%

we may see what needs to be changed in society

but there are wealthy and powerful people who like things the way they are

that's why things are so difficult to change
    Last edited by uls; October 26th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Not only the noontime shows, the drama mini-series these stations produce (IMO) also contribute to the emerging idio-crap mindset of some, as most of the time, it's always the humble, kind, but impoverished protagonist VS the douchey, cruel, and rich antagonist. A mental conditioning is therefore formed wherein basta may pera, kontra-bida sa buhay.

Thus, daily we get lines like "Kayong mga mayayaman...!" even though some of us aren't really rich...

On the topic of WWWee though, I've an unfortunate routine of catching the show DAILY on TV at my usual lunchspot.

I also get really irritated at the 'Congratulationzzz' bit, worsened by the fact that the audience even imitates the actions of that woman announcer each time that line is blurted out (parang mga batang ewan...sorry).

Don't even get me started on the 'WHAAAN Thousand, High Five!' part...

Oh, I dunno if anyone's noticed, but, when the dancers do the Vaseline dance routine, wherein the steps follows as pouring shampoo in a circular motion from left to right, right to left, blah, blah... then shaking one hand over the heads.

The first time I saw that, I thought to myself, "Ano yan? Dance routine ng mga PUJ's? Kasi parang mane-maneho yung initial step, then mababangga, tapos kamot-kamot nalang ng ulo."

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    you can't blame the adulterated culture of the masses. truth be told, having an enormous percentage of the marginalized in the society, these shows will incessantly be patronized.

unfortunately, it is the young who suffers much. through everyday viewing, a superficial admiration is created in their minds. the dancers for instance, they see, they emulate, they idolize.

thus when asked: "anung gusto mong maging paglaki mo?" they unwittingly respond: "gusto ko po maging dancer tulad po nila" oblivious of the dangerous effect it has.

veering back to the question, di naman kc tulad nung sinabi ni sir chua, mahalaga para sa aming OFW ang nakakanuod ng mga ganito. pantanggal nostalgia. hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thank god for Balls, Maxx, AXN and Starworld!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Not only the noontime shows, the drama mini-series these stations produce (IMO) also contribute to the emerging idio-crap mindset of some, as most of the time, it's always the humble, kind, but impoverished protagonist VS the douchey, cruel, and rich antagonist. A mental conditioning is therefore formed wherein basta may pera, kontra-bida sa buhay.

Thus, daily we get lines like "Kayong mga mayayaman...!" even though some of us aren't really rich...

On the topic of WWWee though, I've an unfortunate routine of catching the show DAILY on TV at my usual lunchspot.

I also get really irritated at the 'Congratulationzzz' bit, worsened by the fact that the audience even imitates the actions of that woman announcer each time that line is blurted out (parang mga batang ewan...sorry).

Don't even get me started on the 'WHAAAN Thousand, High Five!' part...

Oh, I dunno if anyone's noticed, but, when the dancers do the Vaseline dance routine, wherein the steps follows as pouring shampoo in a circular motion from left to right, right to left, blah, blah... then shaking one hand over the heads.

The first time I saw that, I thought to myself, "Ano yan? Dance routine ng mga PUJ's? Kasi parang mane-maneho yung initial step, then mababangga, tapos kamot-kamot nalang ng ulo."
    Ang itim ng underarm nya pati ang laki ng legs grabe pag nag muay thai un siguardo tulog ung sipain nya

O.A. na kasi minsan, ang nakakatawa na lang ung bago na "motto boys" baduy eh lalo na ung girls sila Mariel, "Poky", "Socy Saicy" WTF ni hindi nga marunong magenglish ng derecho socy pa hahaha

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    naalala ko tuloy yung mga tuksohan nung younger days, the more you hate the more you love...at mukha nga yatang marami ang nanonood sa WWWeeee kaysa EB...i'm never a fan of this shows, besides we don't have pinoy channels installed were we are...i'm a kapuso fan though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Do you feel your IQ decreasing when ...