New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FYI, deuterium by itself is not a source of energy. It is a form of water that is slightly denser and more commonly called "heavy water". It is used to control/moderate the nuclear reaction in a nuclear power plant. It's relatively rare and tends to settle in the deeper parts of the ocean. Since we have the 2nd deepest ocean depth, it is an assumption that there are some amounts of deuterium there.

So unless we power up that mothballed Bataan Nuclear Power Plant, deuterium is useless to us directly. The only thing we can do with it is sell it (if we can retrieve enough of it).

But that is not the only way to get heavy water...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Dang!!! I can use my flux capacitor again.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Time to dust off my Mr Fusion. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I'd hit it.

Ot carp forum is super slow.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    deuterium is made up of hydrogen (plus a neutron)...

what if deuterium is easier to break down than ordinary water to produce hydrogen?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hindenburg II

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    deuterium is made up of hydrogen (plus a neutron)...

what if deuterium is easier to break down than ordinary water to produce hydrogen?

Even if you can breakdown heavy water easier than ordinary water to produce hydrogen, the cost of heavywater will still make it prohibitive as a source of hydrogen.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    in the future, The Philippines will replace America as the world's most powerful nation.
    Excerpt from the column of Jose Ma. Montelibano (Glimpses of INQ7)

A large chunk of the remaining natural resources of the Philippines is in the Mindanao-Palawan area. These resources, including deuterium, can be the material platform of renewed Philippine development. However, they can also be the cause of more conflict and the ultimate reason for the partitioning of the Philippines.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    Excerpt from the column of Jose Ma. Montelibano (Glimpses of INQ7)

A large chunk of the remaining natural resources of the Philippines is in the Mindanao-Palawan area. These resources, including deuterium, can be the material platform of renewed Philippine development. However, they can also be the cause of more conflict and the ultimate reason for the partitioning of the Philippines.
    i think the latter will be our future. kung totoo man ito mga rich natural resources natin, time to go for 51st state of America. kung hindi prepare to become another lebanon or iraq or somalia. sa panahon ngaun, kung sino yun mga rich in natural resources yun ang nagkakagulo or "pinagkakagulo". we cant beat the "powers that be" by simply having rich resources around us.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    It's relatively rare and tends to settle in the deeper parts of the ocean. Since we have the 2nd deepest ocean depth, it is an assumption that there are some amounts of deuterium there.

shucks! dito pa sa'tin 2nd deepest. I heard the deepest trench is found in the Atlantic. will this also mean more and higher water inland, in case of tsunami? bad trip talaga to Pilipinas

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Deuterium - the next energy source?