New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you experience this? 3X na nangyari sa akin the last time was just last week,

my credit card company called and said that they will replace my card 'coz they think meron third party na nag clone sa card ko. they replace it with a new number.

Citibank pala yun CC.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    have you experience this? 3X na nangyari sa akin the last time was just last week,

my credit card company called and said that they will replace my card 'coz they think meron third party na nag clone sa card ko. they replace it with a new number.

Citibank pala yun CC.

This has not happened to me. But since it has happened again to you, you have to be careful at the establishments/shops you go to repeatedly. There is someone in one of them that is cloning your credit card.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I once got a call supposedly from one CC company and that they were giving me a free extension card if i opted to and needed to update my info. I just told them that i would rather not avail and am not open to updating my info via phone call to me and that i'll call back to the customer service myself.

Immediately called the CC company to inform them that i received such a call so they could put it on record and be on the lookout for transactions that seem out of the blue.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Matagal na ang technology na ito sa ibang bansa. Umabot na pala sa atin. Yung mga mga Negro siguro nagdala nito dito (Nigerians).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    eto ba yung itatapat lang yung cloning device sa isang credit card tapos makukuha na yung lahat ng info?....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    eto ba yung itatapat lang yung cloning device sa isang credit card tapos makukuha na yung lahat ng info?....

Di naman tatapat, they have to swipe the magnetic strip on the cloner device. Then they swipe a "blank" card to write the data from the original card to the clone card.

Presto! They have a copy of your credit card.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    This has not happened to me. But since it has happened again to you, you have to be careful at the establishments/shops you go to repeatedly. There is someone in one of them that is cloning your credit card.
    I seldom use my CC, I really don't know kung saan na clone. this morning I received yun letter ng Citibank informing nga na papalitan nila yun card ko, pero nauna na yun tawag last week and after two days ng call dumating na nga replacement card.

ginagamit ko lang minsan sa gasoline station actually I don't use my Citibank sa gasoline, HSBC ginagamit ko kasi meron rebate pag Petron or Caltex yata.

anyway, will double check my SOA pag dumating.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    *shadow, yun ba cc mo may magnetic strip + smart card o magnetic strip lang. ang 'lam ko kasi easily cloned ang magnetic strip lang

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Or, you're using them regularly in some 'questionable' establishments, bro.....

12K:boom:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    RF cards ang binabanggit mo, like the Octopus card in Hong Kong. Dito yata sa Pinas wala pang ganyan na money card?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
credit card cloning?