New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    For condo owners: Do you get building insurance for your own unit?

If yes, what does the insurance provide in case (worst scenario) that entire condo building is destroyed? Do you get lumpsum or what?

If not, what happens when the entire condo building is destroyed? Does the association dues cover insurance for the building including your unit?

Would appreciate your advise and experience on this. Thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    magkano premium mo sa insurance?

may certain intensity ng lindol na covered lang.

hindi sagot ng monthly dues yan

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I was planning to get, but they fell into a crack....

Let me check again....

Also with the association dues,- if it has coverage.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Every condo has a building insurance, usually integrated sa monthly dues, or they ask for a separate payment at the start of the year.

Now, for your own unit, you can get an insurance for theft, water damage, fire, and other acts of God... usually they will ask a list of all the content (you can include any renovation done), and from there they will compute for the insurance cost. I think 1M will cost you 1,200 pesos per year.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Oxley Towers Kuala Lumpur City Centre or Oxley Towers KLCC is a newly developed condominium in Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur. Undoubtedly, this is where you'll find the ideal home you're looking for! Feel free to contact us for more information about the prestigious development.

Name: Pauline Tang
    Contact Number: +65 61005518

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for any insurance for house/building/condo make sure that it is explicitly written in black and white that the whole coverage amount is not subject to depreciation.

dyan madaming nadale during ondoy. they charged yearly the same premiums for the same amount of insurance then when the flood came they charged depreciation cost. so like you have a property insured for 10M and it was built 5 years ago, they charged you the same premium year after year (kung 1.2k per million like qwerty said then 12k per year) but if you make a claim now then they will factor in 5 years of depreciation. dyan kami natalo during ondoy. my house was insured for 3M and i was expecting an award of 1.2M due to the flood damage(estimate done by them) however after depreciation charges we were able to get only less than 500k!!! if we wanted to contest daw then we need to file a case. my lawyer said that will take several years so just take the money.

so, make sure it is very explicit in your policy that there will be no such depreciation charges from the insured amount later.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    OT, but really curious, Is there a coverage which explicitly states "not subject to depreciation"? Paano kung wala?

Parang medyo magulang yung ganong scenario kasi, when you renew, you do not depreciate the cost of your property, you still pay for the same cover and premium. Sa auto, ganito di ba?

To avoid this, maybe one should insure with different companies yearly, so they cannot contest depreciation over yearly renewals?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post

To avoid this, maybe one should insure with different companies yearly, so they cannot contest depreciation over yearly renewals?
    yan exactly nasa isip ko para walang depreciation.

BUT, you will still have the "year built" and "cost of building and improvements" in the tax declaration form (which is the basis of the amount of insurance coverage). kaya dapat talaga meron at least letter stating not subject to depreciation.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    There is an interesting share about this case by Mdejess at pinoymoneytalk. IIRC, this guy contested his initial settlement for a long period of time, though he was not able to get the insured amount, I think he was able to settle with 3x the initial offer.

Correction: it took him 2 years pala to finally settle at 1.2M+ from initial offer of 610k for a cover of 7M. I found the link below..

Insurance loss claim, how adjusters calculate loss. - Banking / Insurance / Credit Cards - PMT Forum

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    just sharing...

was planning to insure our unit, kaso insurance does not want to include earthquakes kasi our condo is 950m away from a fault line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
For condo owners: Do you get building insurance for your own unit?