New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hello fellow tsikoters..

question, my sister is renting a 2 floor house apartment and when we visit the place, we notice that some of the walls has very tiny single hairline long cracks... are those cracks dangerous? we're thinking that the apartment might collapse or something.

hinde po siya spider type na cracks, single line lang..pero very tiny..halos hinde mo kita..

sorry just being paranoid..

TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    hello fellow tsikoters..

question, my sister is renting a 2 floor house apartment and when we visit the place, we notice that some of the walls has very tiny single hairline long cracks... are those cracks dangerous? we're thinking that the apartment might collapse or something.

hinde po siya spider type na cracks, single line lang..pero very tiny..halos hinde mo kita..

TIA
    Normal yan sir. Mas kumplikado pa sa mga condo dahil hindi nauubusan ng hairline cracks at kadalasan may form like isang buong square ang hairline crack na kala mo isang buong wall malalaglag.

Ang masama kung gumagalaw na.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hindi lang maayos ang pagkakapalitada ng wall.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it would depend.
    kung concrete and buhos, ok lang yan.
    kung hollow blocks, sooner or later those cracks will get bigger.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hello fellow tsikoters..

TIA
    Are these load bearing or non-load bearing members? Which part of the building? You can use the "coin tap method" to see if it is just the plaster that came loose. If the concrete was disturbed while it was curing or dried prematurely it will develop hairline cracks

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Palitada lang yan. Nothing to worry about.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014

oo nga kahet anu pulido at pino ng pag kakapalitada, minsan nalabas padin nga ang ganiyan sa mga pader.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    of course we cant see here the actual load of the said apartment/building so may i suggest you have it checked with a licensed structural engineer to check the integrity of the building if you are really worried.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    hello fellow tsikoters..

TIA

pwede ba post mo ung hairline cracks sir?

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    pwede ba post mo ung hairline cracks sir?
    Seryoso? For a hairline crack? :rofl:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast