New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Is Christmas more merry or less merry than before?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • More merry

2 12.50%
  • Less merry

8 50.00%
  • Same merry

4 25.00%
  • I don't celebrate Christmas

2 12.50%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    di sa economy yan

dami pera mga pinoy this year

sa local stocks palang

OFW remittances record high

auto sales back to record level

the malls are packed

you're just getting older dude
    tingen ko naman *uls dami baon sa utang ngaun. sa dami ng nag-maxout ng credit cards, low downs sa condo at tsikot at yun mga discounted ensogo/gift certs,
    kaya walang pera panlabas ngaun

i'm sure this will continue kasi ang forecast eh full recession ang asia in 2-3 years sa sobrang daming mababaon sa utang

pero alam ko kumbakit walang gano namimili ngaun, kasi last year hindi kami namili ng X'mas. namili kami after X'mas kasi nagsale lahat ng malls after bec. they're thinking la na pera pambili tao

imagine Dec. 23 yun hush puppies na gusto ko 4,500, December 28 nabile ko ng 3,200 san kapa hehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Is it just me or do you feel it? I remember 10 years ago Christmas was much more fun... Or is it just me cause I am getting older and getting more serious unlike 10 years ago I was just 16, a senior high school student so mas jolly pa ang buhay. Walang poblema maliban lang sa grades na ipapakita sa magulang...

Kayo what do you think? Mas nagiging malungkot na ba ang pasko ngayon kaysa kungwari 10-15 years ago?
    the explanation is very much how you approach life. sabi mo ikaw kumukuha ng interest, pero ikaw never ka makukuhaan ng interest ergo you buy in cash sa big purchases

ganyan din lahat ng tao ngaun kala mo ikaw lang. di ko alam kung sa tubig na iniinom natin, pero ang lahat ng tao kasi ngaun pakabig at tuso

so there goes X'mas the spirit of giving, bec. today everybody computes. scrooge is teh man these days

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Is it just me or do you feel it? I remember 10 years ago Christmas was much more fun... Or is it just me cause I am getting older and getting more serious unlike 10 years ago I was just 16, a senior high school student so mas jolly pa ang buhay. Walang poblema maliban lang sa grades na ipapakita sa magulang...

Kayo what do you think? Mas nagiging malungkot na ba ang pasko ngayon kaysa kungwari 10-15 years ago?

are you married with kids? if not, have some kids of your own; that'll bring the christmas spirit back into your life. shift nga lang from receiver to giver ang role mo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    For me, I guess I really am getting older.

Take for instance my office. I work for an IT company. I'm sure all of you who work for IT companies know that a lot of deadlines occur in Q4. (Honestly, I have no idea why they want to release a product in Q4.... Feeling ko mga GAME companies lang ang may karapatan mag release sa Q4. Non-game companies? Ewan.)

Now, nagpupuyat na ang department mo fixing lots of bugs ang slugging it out with an adamant QA team, with each member having a quota of bugs to log. Hence they log walang-kwenta bugs just to meet their quota.

Fine. It's just work. That's what I'm being paid for. To push the product out by Q4, and to ensure all the bugs, both legit bugs and nuisance bugs, are fixed.

Busy, busy busy.

Enter the admin group. The admin group demands that each department send out a representative to be a member of the Christmas party committee. Okay... I sacrifice a member to join the group. That member of mine must now render extra hours of work for that stupid committee. (As if mas importante yung Christmas party na yon kesa doon sa Q4 deadline.)

Then comes the result of the committee....

Monito monita ---> Buy 50php of stupid items every week. Waste 50php on stuff that gets thrown in the waste basket.

Monito monita final --> go crazy running around the mall to search for that final gift.

Presentation --> Remember the Q4 deadlines? Now you also have to think of a stupid Christmas presentation.

Christmas Party Venue --> Siempre it has to be located in a place that FAR away from the office. Car owners are conscripted by the committee to carpool. If you don't want ot carpool, you're made to look like the Christmas Scrooge...humbug! My office is at The FORT. Ang daming magandang venue dito na pwedeng lakarin. BUT nooooooo.... the Christmas committee wants to have it in Greenbelt on a FRIDAY night. Wow...nice...sarap mag hanap ng parking!

ME I'm not excited. Naiinis ako. IN fact, I really want to catch the flu next friday para lang may excuse ako not to attend. I just want to push the Q4 deadline so the company earns its money.

The ADMIN group? Excited like teenagers waiting for prom night.

Yep... I am getting old. I don't deny it.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Take for instance my office. I work for an IT company. I'm sure all of you who work for IT companies know that a lot of deadlines occur in Q4. (Honestly, I have no idea why they want to release a product in Q4.... Feeling ko mga GAME companies lang ang may karapatan mag release sa Q4. Non-game companies? Ewan.)

Now, nagpupuyat na ang department mo fixing lots of bugs ang slugging it out with an adamant QA team, with each member having a quota of bugs to log. Hence they log walang-kwenta bugs just to meet their quota.

Fine. It's just work. That's what I'm being paid for. To push the product out by Q4, and to ensure all the bugs, both legit bugs and nuisance bugs, are fixed.
    what industry are you in? most companies i know of rolled out na Q4 updates by 3rd/4th week of November 'cause of code freeze/blackout in December since a lot of people are out on vacation.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    what industry are you in? most companies i know of rolled out na Q4 updates by 3rd/4th week of November 'cause of code freeze/blackout in December since a lot of people are out on vacation.
    We've got a Japanese customer.

Dalawang QA yung kailangan namin i-please. Our own local QA and the REAL customer QA.
    Our REAL customer QA is the one that logs legitimate, practical bugs. Our own local QA logs pilosopo bugs. Unfortunately, we've got to solve all of 'em.

Anyway, we've just entered partial code-freeze last week. And bugs are down to a trickle. Any new bugs that are logged are subject to an evaluation on whether or not it's worth including in the Q4 release slated next week.

SO the bulk of my work right now is playing the role of a defense lawyer arguing to not solve a nuisance bug.
    Last edited by ess; December 11th, 2010 at 09:11 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I just realized that during xmas season people are becoming materialistic who are looking forward to receive material things.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    tingen ko naman *uls dami baon sa utang ngaun. sa dami ng nag-maxout ng credit cards, low downs sa condo at tsikot at yun mga discounted ensogo/gift certs,
    kaya walang pera panlabas ngaun

i'm sure this will continue kasi ang forecast eh full recession ang asia in 2-3 years sa sobrang daming mababaon sa utang

pero alam ko kumbakit walang gano namimili ngaun, kasi last year hindi kami namili ng X'mas. namili kami after X'mas kasi nagsale lahat ng malls after bec. they're thinking la na pera pambili tao

imagine Dec. 23 yun hush puppies na gusto ko 4,500, December 28 nabile ko ng 3,200 san kapa hehe
    add ko pa... BPO industry earnings also at record highs

well yeah, probably dami utang ang mga tao kaya di na masyado gumagastos

i dunno...

i still think people have more money this year

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    are you married with kids? if not, have some kids of your own; that'll bring the christmas spirit back into your life. shift nga lang from receiver to giver ang role mo.
    tidus, he has a point ^^

mag asawa ka na

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    add ko pa... BPO industry earnings also at record highs

well yeah, probably dami utang ang mga tao kaya di na masyado gumagastos

i dunno...

i still think people have more money this year

facade lang yan uls, ang dami kasing pwedeng bilhin na gadgets ngayon...tapos meron pang mga offer na buy now, pay next year.

ako nga gusto ko bumili ng Mac book pro, Iphone 4 and Ipad. konti na lang hinde ko na talaga matiis.

tidus, he has a point ^^

mag asawa ka na
    mag propose ka na kasi...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Christmas:  Is the spirit dying away slowly?