New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Is Christmas more merry or less merry than before?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • More merry

2 12.50%
  • Less merry

8 50.00%
  • Same merry

4 25.00%
  • I don't celebrate Christmas

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    So the economy plays a part of it I assume? I also remember 10 years ago by this time lakas na ng benta ng fireworks for New Year naman. This year ang tumal ng benta... So yeah its the economy!
    di sa economy yan

dami pera mga pinoy this year

sa local stocks palang

OFW remittances record high

auto sales back to record level

the malls are packed

you're just getting older dude

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    people spend more time in front of computers na rin kasi kaya siguro tinatamad...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yun na nga eh if people are lazy to put decors then the spirit of Christmas has already diminished... Putting up decors 10 years ago VS now still consumes the same amount of calories hehehe
    you're neighbors are also getting older

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    people spend more time in front of computers na rin kasi kaya siguro tinatamad...
    kasalanan ng facebook!

hehe

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *uls

OT: Regarding auto sales... Feeling ko artificial lang yan and we are in no way close to the 1996 levels even if the number says it is... In 1996 or even 2001 auto financing is very restrictive. Ngayon its everywhere and with the stiff competition the access and rates are all favoring people who can't even afford cars but then go ahead and get one anyway...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pero there are visible changes talaga. I remember dato 10 years ago mga kapitbahay naman pabongahan ng decorations. Ngayon may iba dyan wala ngang decorations ang bahay eh.

As Christmas is for kids, your neighbors' kids might have grown up and moved away. Or limited decorations to inside the house.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    Hahaha 10 years ago naka dial up palang kami and I am damn proud of my 1Ghz Pentium III hehehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    As Christmas is for kids, your neighbors' kids might have grown up and moved away. Or limited decorations to inside the house.
    But they do have grand kids now. Yung kababata ko (well 5 years older than me) has already married and has a 4 year old daughter pero wala nga decoration bahay nila unlike dati bonga sila...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hmmm... di ako makapaniwalang napagtiyagaan ko yung win98 SE pc with dial up ko dati relative to what I'm using now...

1-2KB/s...

pati eto naalala ko
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSA-CWme3pM[/ame]
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But they do have grand kids now. Yung kababata ko (well 5 years older than me) has already married and has a 4 year old daughter pero wala nga decoration bahay nila unlike dati bonga sila...

Maybe personal economic changes? Could be they are not as well off as before.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Christmas:  Is the spirit dying away slowly?