New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what is that saying? you can catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar..
    actually mas marami mahuhuli mo na flies sa ebak compared sa honey...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^ mas makaka- tipid ka pa kapag ebak ang ginamit mo para makahuli ng flies. :thumbup:

expensive na kasi the honey eh. :sad:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I am appalled to know that people like this exist. What is the point? It's a big mystery for me why people would choose the path of rudeness when it does not cost anything to be polite.

I extend courtesy to people who are in my service (waiters, security guards, helpers, drivers etc). These people already have less than I do and the least the I can do is not to add to their hardships. These people work hard, they are underpaid and they go home to unpalatable environment. A little kindness goes a long way. There were times that I experienced dissatisfaction with service but I just let it go. I tend to be more patient with workers.

Just yesterday I had my seat covers installed at the casa, when I came to check, I noticed that my engine was running, AC on and doors wide open. This is something that I would not do for myself but I did not blow my fuse and said nothing. But personally I was disgruntled. I just thought that what they were doing was hard work so a little disadvantage on my part was okay.

Would it hurt to tip well. When you establish a good relationship with them, in return they give you excellent service. I really hope people should be more mindful of how they deal with blue collars. It is for the people born with privilege to take the high road.

Nice Mam Cathy.

Happen to me before in casa, apurahang binaba yung bintana at patay engine nung nakitang papunta na ako para kunin yung car.
    Tahimik na lang ako iniwan ko na rin yung casa dahil sa iba pa nilang discorteous.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Tips? Depends on the bill... typically 20-40 pesos or 10 percent, with or without service charge, but if it's a fancy resto and the bill is 1k-2k (eating in a big group), the tip left depends on the service. Decent service gets 50. Good service and great food gets a hundred.

Agree!
    ...And I never argue or raise voice with the waiter.

Common story na yung ibang matataray o maarte sa restaurant na pinapagulong yung ibang pagkain sa lababo bago iserve pag hindi gusto karakas mo ng mga waiter.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Nice Mam Cathy.

Happen to me before in casa, apurahang binaba yung bintana at patay engine nung nakitang papunta na ako para kunin yung car.
    Tahimik na lang ako iniwan ko na rin yung casa dahil sa iba pa nilang discorteous.
    Hindi naman nila pinatay yung AC even while I was talking to them Naisip ko lang ang tagal na pala naka idle with AC running yung auto ko, worse e bukas pa mga pinto

Meron din naman kasi workers na may malasakit, meron na wala. Pag nakaka encounter ako ng walang malasakit, hinahabaan ko na lang pasensiya ko.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    there are still others who treat their kasambahay as of low-life form. marami sa mall nyan, ang yaya nila dapat may uniporme. whenever i see one, i feel like hitting the amo in the face. it is so degrading to the maid. pwede naman i respeto sila like one of our own. kailangan pa ba talaga ipagyabang na may mga maids sila?
    i hated di mga amo na ganyan.

Pero i talked to a friend who imposed uniforms sa yaya. She told me konti lang ang damit ng yaya nila.

Sa dami ng lakad nila hirap maka cope-up si yaya sa pananamit, to add-up may mga occasions daw na kesa inappropriate yung isusuot kaya uniform na lang pinapasuot.

kesa naman bilhan niya ng bilhan ng bagong damit binilhan niya ng uniform.

Your take?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We let them wear what they want to wear. We used to have a driver that wears a short sleeved barong (?) so it pretty much looks like a uniform. He said he prefers it that way.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    The only reason to require maids to ware uniforms is to flaunt it in public, kayabangan, na mayaman sila. They could have gone low profile para di malaman ng publiko na katulong kasama nila, pero they prefer to project that they have arrived, yumaman na sila.
    I don't think there's anything degrading about having maids wear uniforms. When did uniforms become derogatory? If it is, would a doctor with their M.D. coats on as mandated by hospital policy be derogatory? Obviously not.

Hell.. when I last visited the house of the patriarch of Consunji, maids nila may frilly uniforms pa. Yun tipong white-and-black uniforms you see much like what the waiters of Antonio's in Tagaytay.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I also don't see anything wrong with uniforms. Heck, if the company I currently work at had uniforms, I'd rather wear that too. In my previous job, it doesn't matter whether you're the MD or the Supervisor as everyone wore the same uniform with the company logo and their last name on it. In my humble opinion, it's better for them to get free clothes rather than they wear down their own clothes since their disposable income is smaller. Subjective post.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I also don't try to antagonize waiters. Not because I am fearfull of the extra ingredient pero as people here say, tao pa rin yan na dapat i-respeto.

Tip depende nga sa pakitungo sa amin. Kung may service charge wala na siyempre.

Re uniform nang yaya. Kapag libre naman at sagot nang may-ari, okay na okay, pabor pa sa maid. Pero kung charge pa sa maid, a big no.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast