New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hot topic ito this morning sa radio.
    the passenger is dr telio, & allegedly wife of a mil. colonel.

Flight attendant slapped for refusing to stow passenger's bag
    July 31, 2016

A female flight attendant got slapped for refusing to stow a passenger's bag. Are airline cabin crew obliged to carry traveler's baggage?

Madel Ty, lead cabin crew of a certain Cebu Pacific flight, posted 3 photos showing the left side of her neck that turned reddish after a passenger's palm landed on it.

In her lengthy caption, Ty slammed the passenger and threatened to file a case against her following the unfortunate incident.

Here's what she said:

"Im doing this for my fellow cabin crew. Sana maging lesson sa lahat and matutong ipaglaban ang nararapat. At para na din wala ng maulit pang ganitong case sa ibang crew. I'm sorry pero hanggang ngayon nattrauma pa din ata ako. I'm not really the one na kinagagalitan ng pax. But since im the lead cabin crew involved na din ako sa incident and kargo ko mga kasama ko.

I don't want to elaborate what happened. Basta the bottom line, kaming mga cabin crew/flight steward our main priorities are your safety and not to carry or lift your bags. Ang kinasasama lang ng loob ko sa napakasimpleng bag na di ma stow ng maayos kailangan mo kaming sabihan na 'your job is to assist passengers, kumbaga sa bus, mga konduktor kayo! Godda**it!' And for the record, even konduktor hindi binubuhat bags ko to stow it. At walang masama sa trabaho namin at sa pagging konduktor. Nagttrabaho kami ng marangal. Pinalampas ko na mga sinabi mo. Nagapologize ako ng paulit ulit. Di na ko sumsagot at pumapatol. Hinahabaan ko na pasensya ko. Kasi iniintindi ko nalang yang galit mo. Ininsulto mo na nga yung trabaho namin na akala mo binili mo pati buong pagkatao namin. But this is too much. Di ako pinagaral ng magulang ko just for you to slapped me. In the end, hindi naman kami yung nagmumukang walang pinag-aralan at walang manners eh.

Well ayaw ko na pahabain pa to. Madami nakawitness sa nangyari. May Godbless you ma'am. See you in COURT!"

Ty's post garnered nearly 2,000 shares and over a hundred comments before she took it down. Her photos are no longer available on Facebook but netizens were able to capture a screenshot.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; August 1st, 2016 at 01:20 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The guilty passenger certainly require to be taught a lesson in manners.

However, I want to know if the regular storage (overhead) bins were full. If they were, the FA has a responsibility to stow the carry-on bag because the passenger in question does not know where the additional storage bins are at.

Anyone who has taken a trans-Pacific flight knows there is always a mad rush to get inside the plane early because of the limited space in the overhead bins. As a result, the late-boarding passengers often have no room left for their carry-ons. It's not just Filipinos who are guilty of this. Japanese and Koreans are the same way. Sometimes, they even try to take my seat so they can be together. I tend to put my foot down and tell them pointblank to get the hell away from my seat.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 1st, 2016 at 01:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nag name drop pa raw si doktora.
    "asawa ako ni col telio!"

the flight accdg to dzbb is davao-mnl route yesterday july 30.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    tingen ko yan pinalipat yun ibang contents ng check in luggage sa handcarry. so stress na yun passenger. then pagdating sa plane ayaw tulungsn ng FA kasi Cebu Pacific hires attendants the same body frames as those cashiers in robinsons supermarket, super payat kaya hindi mabuhat

ang gusto ko malaman kung gano kataba yun passenger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The FA has the right to refuse assistance to the passenger for some valid reasons. The offending passenger has no right to harass, assault or cause injury to an employee of the airline. Once a passenger is inside a vessel he/she becomes a responsibility of the vessel commander. Case in point the Korean VP (officer of the same airline at that) tossed a tray of peanuts to the FA "because it was not served to her on a silver platter"

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ayos ka talaga, OB.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    The FA has the right to refuse assistance to the passenger for some valid reasons. The offending passenger has no right to harass, assault or cause injury to an employee of the airline. Once a passenger is inside a vessel he/she becomes a responsibility of the vessel commander. Case in point the Korean VP (officer of the same airline at that) tossed a tray of peanuts to the FA "because it was not served to her on a silver platter"
    It was the daughter of the owner of the airline if i recall correctly. She apologized and resigned after AFAIR.

So what's the other side of the story? Best we get all details first right as the posted item here is somewhat vague.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Baka naman kasi nakita na niyang hirap na hirap nang iangat ng pasahero ang kanyang carry-on baggage para mailagay sa storage bin e,- nakikipag-ngakngakan pa rin siya sa kanyang mga ka-chika....

Mag-iinit nga ang ulo ng pasahero, lalo na kung stressed ito sa checkin and security procedures at ang haba palagi ng pila ng CebuPac,- kaya dapat naman ay umasiste siya kahit na papaano....

Marami ring ganyang umastang mga FAs na na-encounter ko,- iyong iba ground crew pa during checkin... Masyadong aristokrata... Pero, kung nasa business class ka at least,- sobrang asikaso sila....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.1K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    Last edited by CVT; August 1st, 2016 at 01:42 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Ano ito? Airline version ng Tanto? Whatever the reason was that is going overboard na...

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 2 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Ano ito? Airline version ng Tanto? Whatever the reason was that is going overboard na...

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 2 using Tapatalk
    Malamang bro,- kaya nga nagsabi siyang, "Do you know me????"

Pero, sa totoo lang,- may mga pagkakataong tumutulong akong ilagay sa storage bin ang carry-on luggages ng kapwa ko pasahero,- dahil nga ang mga FAs e "may ibang ginagawa"....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.1K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast