New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I haven't read much news about it since I saw a partial airing of the crash last week. It obviously stalled. But is it due to engine trouble? The engine seems to be sputtering.

It was flying way too slow, IMO. Though I'm not sure whether the pilot initiated the turn and/or the left wing lost its lift then eventually stalled and spiraled to its doom.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The plane was probably struggling on one engine and lost lift when it banked to turn. It dropped like a rock. One of the reason why NAIA couldn't get out of it's FAA Cat 2 is the high density structures around the airport.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Di ba most twin engine plane could still able to fly and land safely even with just a single engine running?...from the video one of the engines is still roaring Yung left engine prang nag die out na tlaga kase from the video the blades are not turning na..though parang napakabagal na tlaga nya and eventually lost lift na.. Anong direction kaya to heading? Kung south eastely to heading sana tumbok nya is Laguna lake, maybe kung hindi na nagexecute ng turning maneuver baka sa lake sila nagcrash landing..My condololence to the families of the personnel that perished in that crash.

Was in Busuanga airport a couple of years ago and nainterview ko pa yung mga pilot ng mga ganyan small light plane..they usually carry live (sleep induced) fish from Palawan to Manila.
    Last edited by Jiggs; December 12th, 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added more data.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Holy f...

RIP to the casualties. Sayang hindi pa umabot ng Pasko.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Di ba most twin engine plane could still able to fly and land safely even with just a single engine running?...from the video one of the engines is still roaring Yung left engine prang nag die out na tlaga kase from the video the blades are not turning na..though parang napakabagal na tlaga nya and eventually lost lift na.. Anong direction kaya to heading? Kung south eastely to heading sana tumbok nya is Laguna lake, maybe kung hindi na nagexecute ng turning maneuver baka sa lake sila nagcrash landing..My condololence to the families of the personnel that perished in that crash.

Was in Busuanga airport a couple of years ago and nainterview ko pa yung mga pilot ng mga ganyan small light plane..they usually carry live (sleep induced) fish from Palawan to Manila.
    yeah, planes can still fly on just one engine. i'm not an expert but it looks like the pilot shouldn't have banked since there was hardly any lift on the wing with the failed engine, causing the plane to roll and crash in an instant. maybe should've steered with just the rudder.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    According to the news..there is an ongoing investigation and one angle they were lookin at is Human Error... Though it's not meant for blaming the deceased pilots but to gain for learning from Incidents such as will make other pilots more aware.

One thing I also notice from the news clippings most if not all of the recent accidents in airport are all from small aircraft. From my past observation..mostly this small chartered plane service ang discipline ng pilots are not par with the established Airline company. Sa mga past flights as passenger ko naobserve ko na hindi ganun sila ka diligent sa pre and post flight checklist..I still remember..Hindi ko na lang imention ang particular Aircraft company...sabi ng pilot nun naka- in na kaming lahat sa plane.." Ayos na kompleto na!! lets go na pare.." and off we flew ni halos wlang preflight checklist akong nakita na ginawa ng pilot at co-pilot. I knew kase am just sitting behind them and the curtain were not closed. Since then am always wary kapag fixed wing ang flight namin.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^i just want to clarify, all of us ride on FIXED wing aircrafts. The other type is the Rotary wing which are heli's.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post

There is this famous line in every hangar, "A properly maintained Aircraft is a Safe Aircraft."

From my observation of the video, the aircraft basically lacked in Air speed. Whether one of the engine died, the most important thing to notice is the plane banked steeply without sufficient air speed and altitude resulting the plane to stall.

The two engines installed on the light aircraft were Reciprocating engines in a horizontally opposed configuration having 6 cylinders each(same in cars like Subarus and Porsches). Iam not sure whether the engines are made by Lycoming of Continental but, these type of engines really really heavy though engineered to light weight but compared to car engines due to its composition and material which is i believe made fully of cast-iron makes it heavy. The maintenance on these type of engine are very very delicate and a lot of times needs preventive maintenance checks. Common problems for these old engines are burnt valves and oil escaping to the combustion chamber occuring even in newly overhauled engines. Though these engines are very powerful and really dependable, you will need high maintenance in regard of efficiency and safety.

OT:
    I know a company that flies to palawan and get some fresh seafoods there and brings it back here in Manila. Most people do this.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    I just wish that things like these won't happen anymore.

from December 10, 2011 back to December 10, 2010, all that have handled(pilots,mechanics) the aircraft that crashed will have their licenses frozen by the CAAP for a year or so while all of them will be under investigation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Caught on Camera: "Paranaque Airplane Crash"