New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which car magazine do you prefer?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top Gear Philippines

20 64.52%
  • C! Magazine

11 35.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    pag within budget, i buy both, pero i prefer the writing sa C! overall.

Pero gusto ko yung mga car buying tips ni botchi sa Top Gear.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I just bought the latest issue of C! this April and it just validates why I like Top Gear more. Ang kapal nga ng magazine pero ang daming inserts atsaka mga thick advertisements (Oris Watch anyone?).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not so particular.
    sometimes top gear.
    sometimes c mag.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Actually I get both every month. Both have their own Pros and Cons and I don't get all biased as to which is more technically correct.

Tidius is right, even I hate the ultra-thick Ads that C! cleverly inserts into the pages but hey, they gotta make money too right? I simply slice them off which makes them conveniently lighter

Actually for the price, we are already getting a bargain considering the quality of the paper, whole package as compared to buying imported mags that really burns a hole in your pocket.

As for the columnists it is a to each his own cup of tea. Although Erle Sebastian made a distasteful, satirical intro in his first shot in Top Gear, you can get more meaty sustenance from veteran writers like Al S. Mendoza (one of my all time favorites) or Atty. Robbie Consunji.

just my :twocents:
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; April 27th, 2009 at 06:35 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I choose TopGear but it depends on the issue (cover & content).I even buy back issues if I have a chance to browse its content
    I only buy C! annual buyers guide (for technical infos and other car-related topics).

On C!:
    The Good: -same with number001 post
    The Bad: - 2008 issue is much better than 2009 copy
    - some figures are not accurate and not complete especially on the specs

On Top Gear:
    The Good: -cheaper price, contents' ok
    -better-written articles*, Botchi's section in particular
    The Bad: - worse advertisements** than C!
    -buyers' guide lacks other important informations

*The issue featuring the new Forester is the one I like most (not sure what volume # & month). It includes other articles of the Lancer EX and a nice piece on the Vios J (contributed by Conrado deQuiros).

**Although Tidus' is right on thick C! mag advertisement, TG has the worse one. An Oris watch endorsed by,say, an F1 driver is fine. On the other side, TG' staff qouted "a thick buyer guide is a waste of trees", but the magazine's page posting full-page photo of the 'Philippines' ***iest...' whatever and condoms are nonsense ads for a car magazine. I thought the latter is an 'aftermarket airbag replacement'.
    Since that was, so far, my favorite issue, I just tear-off another page/insert of a credit card ad/application form and covered those two ugly pages.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Top Gear since I can't get C! over here. But they need to do better car reviews, all the car reviews seem to just praise the vehicle and never bring up the short comings of the actual vehicle. Then they do comparisons that essentially just say that all the vehicles are great. They had a comparison test of pick ups and of the four tested two are basically the same vehicle(Mazda and Ford), they didn't have Nissan and Isuzu and had balls to call it the big pick up test or whatever it is they called it. Then you have Botchi Santos helping buyers choose a vehicle and half the time he only suggest Honda or Toyota. WTF? Are those the only brands he knows?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Top Gear ftw!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I like the old Top Gear issues and the newer C! issues. I don't mind the ads at all. I get to see a lot of stuff I actually am going to buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Car Magazines