New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i haven't worked in a call center.. pero according to some of my friends, the job is monotonous. :roll:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: kung gusto ninyo ng challenging job...mag SALES kayo....Med Rep would be a good place to start.....kaso balita ko dapat medical background ang requirement na ngayon di tulad dati kahit ano ok.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ultra-magnus: yupz.. thats why i applied for technical support engineer rather than a customer service rep... :mrgreen:

schizo: yup thats true monotonous tlaga ang work sa call center, imagine waiting for calls and having the same inquiries/problems the whole time you are sitting in front of your PC... but after all... u get paid for doing the same thing over and over again... :mrgreen:

wildthing: oo nga dapat medical related ang course mo... :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cargirl::: saang call center kayo? pwede kaya mag-apply para sa tech support? ano ba ginagawa sa dept na yun? i'm looking for a full time job na eh... tnx!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRGirL
    pero totoo, walang mangyayari sau sa call center, hindi mo pwede icareer... pero what can we do, taghirap ang buhay ngayon, kelangan ng pera, dun ka na lang sa mas madali ang paglaki ng sweldo diba... hirap ata maghanap ng matinong trabaho ngayon...

IMO... :mrgreen:
    Ka-concept nya pala yung mga get-rich-quick schemes, hehehe :lol: Siguro pang-single lang ang call centers.... hirap kasing ipang short term ang mga plano mo lalo na kung may pamilya ka na.

Quote Originally Posted by CaRGirL
    ultra-magnus: yupz.. thats why i applied for technical support engineer rather than a customer service rep...
    Parehas lang problem log submission/report system yan :lol: Actually hindi nga dapat tech support ang tawag dyan. I also do tech support on our clients pero I actually developed/maintained the software I am supporting unlike the problem log people in call centers :roll:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    in my opinion lang po...

working in a call center might be a monotonous job, however, there are promising careers in this field as well. Once you get to know the inside process, then you can maybe someday become a call center manager, where you handle the call center day to day operations. next, you'll be able to meet clients. Then, you'll be part of the senior management team of the company, or you maybe able to setup your own call center.

Bottom line, theres always a gold in anything you do, you just have to look for it.

Also, make sure you are happy with the work you are planning to get into (it is 1/2 of your day or probably more). Imagine not being happy 8 hours a day :oops:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would have to agree with all the comments :D

pros of working in a call center:

1. salary - malaki cya considering the type of work ur doing (waiting for calls, finding solutions to "problems" etc.) minimum i think is 10k - 20K (at least)

2. training - not only in english and grammar but also with maintaining ur composure (pag-bad trip yung client), and the technical training you get (for IT). you learn a lot...pwede pa mag-surf sa internet for research :mrgreen:

cons:

1. not a good career path - you might get stuck with that job

2. minsan nakakapagod - especially kung bago--> night shift!

3. could be a waste of time and opportunity if you dont make the best out of it (remember, some jobs/training could even be detrimental to your marketability in the future)

imho

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    cargirl::: saang call center kayo? pwede kaya mag-apply para sa tech support? ano ba ginagawa sa dept na yun? i'm looking for a full time job na eh... tnx!
    sa Sykes un... Infonxx, Sykes, and People Support are in there immediate hiring stage kze they just opened new centers...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by logbook
    i would have to agree with all the comments :D

pros of working in a call center:

1. salary - malaki cya considering the type of work ur doing (waiting for calls, finding solutions to "problems" etc.) minimum i think is 10k - 20K (at least)

2. training - not only in english and grammar but also with maintaining ur composure (pag-bad trip yung client), and the technical training you get (for IT). you learn a lot...pwede pa mag-surf sa internet for research :mrgreen:

cons:

1. not a good career path - you might get stuck with that job

2. minsan nakakapagod - especially kung bago--> night shift!

3. could be a waste of time and opportunity if you dont make the best out of it (remember, some jobs/training could even be detrimental to your marketability in the future)

imho
    Dagdag mo na rin sa cons yung nakakabobo since puro theories at walang application sa so called "tech support" (should be appropriately called problem log centers IMO) dyan sa atin.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bottom line is that the Philippines is a rich source of IT talents. I understand na bagsak ang IT ngayon pero bakit tayo magpapagamit as problem log personnel sa mga call centers. Over-qualified tayo dyan...... What I'm saying is...... kung talagang magaling tayo bakit hindi natin gamitin sa tama..... bakit mo sasayangin sa call center :?: Yung possibility of handling your own call center is next to impossible (magpipista ang mga Vegas people sa odds of this scenario). Maraming opportunity dyan (even if bagsak ang global economy). Sabi nga nung isang post sa taas....

Bottom line, theres always a gold in anything you do, you just have to look for it.
    I agree.... but look for it elsewhere.... actually, maling isipin na nasa trabaho ang gold.... ikaw ang gold at hindi ka pa lang nakikita or napa-polished..... study the IT market and decide what trend it is going.... be prepared with a plan and a set of goals (short and long term). Have the right set of mind....

Hindi importante ang trabaho instead ikaw ang importante....

8)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Call Centers