New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Guys, patanong naman, we're relatively new to this stuff: my uncle will be undergoing major surgery soon, and we were told that we should give blood first to replace the blood that may be used. We're currently checking with relatives who can donate blood, but assuming no one can, what other alternatives are there?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Guys, patanong naman, we're relatively new to this stuff: my uncle will be undergoing major surgery soon, and we were told that we should give blood first to replace the blood that may be used. We're currently checking with relatives who can donate blood, but assuming no one can, what other alternatives are there?
    Look for people who have donated blood to the Red Cross. They should have a card which should give you 500mL(?) of blood for each donation...

Better if any one of you can donate blood as replacement..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    may mga nag dodonate din naman ng dugo lapit ka sa redcross blood bank.
    ikaw pwede ka din mag donate.

naalala ko bago kuhanan ng dugo may seminar muna at check up.tapos mag poster na langgam na naka sulat "parang kagat lang ng langgam" after nung sinalang ako nakita ko karayon sing laki ng tanggkay ng lolipop na chupachups.sus maryosep masakit pala.sabi ko sa doctor .sabi nyo parang kagat lang ng langgam.sabi sa akin tingnan mo nga ung poster namin.halos sing laki ng manok ung lamggam.kaya ganun daw kasakit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    may mga nag dodonate din naman ng dugo lapit ka sa redcross blood bank.
    ikaw pwede ka din mag donate.

naalala ko bago kuhanan ng dugo may seminar muna at check up.tapos mag poster na langgam na naka sulat "parang kagat lang ng langgam" after nung sinalang ako nakita ko karayon sing laki ng tanggkay ng lolipop na chupachups.sus maryosep masakit pala.sabi ko sa doctor .sabi nyo parang kagat lang ng langgam.sabi sa akin tingnan mo nga ung poster namin.halos sing laki ng manok ung lamggam.kaya ganun daw kasakit.
    Natawa ako dito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    you need to know what is your uncle's blood type.

yung mga trainees namin (or those who are undergoing schooling) are ready and willing to donate.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    AFAIK, it doesn't necessarily have to be of the same blood type. I already donated once for a cousin with lymphoma.

Relatives who are healthy and don't have tattoos can be screened for donation.

sent via Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    anyone who passed the screening can donate regardless of type they have. what's important is the replacement so that others (in need) can use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Before ka magpunta sa redcross make sure dala mo ang doctors request kung anong kaseng preparation ng blood kailangan mo like fresh whole blood, platelets, plasma and so forth.

Much better kung may card ka pero mas maganda kung may dala ka din na donor in case kasi na wala silang available na dugo useless din yung card at least may plan B ka na donor. HTH

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    get as many healthy-looking adults as you can, and herd them to the blood bank of the hospital. the hospital folks have a checklist and will do some tests.. some of your prospects will invariably fail, hence the "as many as you can". preferably same as patient's blood type, but kahit anong blood type ay tatanggap din. mag-mix-and-match na lang sila sa ibang pasyente's donors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast