The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    What surgery and how soon?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    get as many healthy-looking adults as you can, and herd them to the blood bank of the hospital. the hospital folks have a checklist and will do some tests.. some of your prospects will invariably fail, hence the "as many as you can". preferably same as patient's blood type, but kahit anong blood type ay tatanggap din. mag-mix-and-match na lang sila sa ibang pasyente's donors.
    Agree ganyan ganyan ginawa namin nung na heart bypass ang father ng bestfriend ko sa PHC. We rented a van and hauled those we think are healthy enough to donate sa lugar namin...Were 12 na na screen kaso ended up 5 lang pumasa...masaya pa nun kung cno pa yung mga payatot ang pumasa kumpara sa mga siga dun samin....yung isa inenterview pa lang namumutla na... We just gave them a round of Balut and water after the blood extraction and a fiesta lunch on the way back to Batangas😀

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Same here. When my dad underwent surgery, a day before the surgery i called all my friends who were willing to donate para pang palet sa gagamitin for the surgery. Actually ang nangyari pa nga walang stock blood bank nung hospital so kung ano ung naproduce from the donors, yun ang ginamit

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Kailan mo need TS? May mga kakilala ako na mga police na trainee na kontak namin pag may kakilala ako na nangangailangan. PM me TS

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks po sa replies and offers ^_^

Seems he still needs to clear some tests before i-go yung surgery niya, so the schedule is still iffy. Actually mga healthy naman mga kamag anak ko, though i'm not sure they can meet the "no antibiotics/medications for 24 hours" requirement...and puro mga takot sa langgam kaya naghahanap ng alternative :D

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Actually, mas maigi nga daw sa kalusugan ang mag-donate. Something about our body being forced to produce new blood. Parang change oil, I guess.

sent via Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    thanks po sa replies and offers ^_^

Seems he still needs to clear some tests before i-go yung surgery niya, so the schedule is still iffy. Actually mga healthy naman mga kamag anak ko, though i'm not sure they can meet the "no antibiotics/medications for 24 hours" requirement...and puro mga takot sa langgam kaya naghahanap ng alternative :D
    Aside from that:

May required number of hours of sleep

Weight requirement

Blood pressure

OT

Here sa office twice a year nagpupunta Red Cross for blood letting, kaya regular ako nag dodonate.

I have that blue card, privilege nga daw nun pag nag need din ng dugo makakalapit ako sa Red Cross

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Guys, patanong naman, we're relatively new to this stuff: my uncle will be undergoing major surgery soon, and we were told that we should give blood first to replace the blood that may be used. We're currently checking with relatives who can donate blood, but assuming no one can, what other alternatives are there?
    Friends can also donate. Not only relatives.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Actually, mas maigi nga daw sa kalusugan ang mag-donate. Something about our body being forced to produce new blood. Parang change oil, I guess.

sent via Tapatalk

Very true provided di subsob sa mabigat na trabaho yung donor. Bagay na bagay na maging donor sa mga taong pagod sa kakapahinga

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12