New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    by december kami punta hongkong

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi guys! what if Shanghai ang destination, what are the places we shouldnt miss? will be there by mid June.

And also, anong 4star hotel ang recommend nyo near Shianghai New Intl Expo Center? Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    shanghai, being a cosmopolitan city, is pretty much busy. compared to beijing. isa lang ung na enjoy ko dun, ung THE BUND. where history meets technology.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral88 View Post
    Hi guys! what if Shanghai ang destination, what are the places we shouldnt miss? will be there by mid June.

And also, anong 4star hotel ang recommend nyo near Shianghai New Intl Expo Center? Thanks.

You may check this link for hotels in Shanghai, though don't know which one is closer to expo center.
    http://english.ctrip.com/supermarket...archResult.asp

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Here's the place that you shouldn't miss when you come to Shanghai.
    • Stroll in the evening along the river banks of Zhongshan (Bund) and see for yourself the history meets technology between the 2 river banks such as the Pearl Tower & Jinmao Tower at New Pudong Area.
    • Yu Yuan Garden
    • Xintiandi
    • Take a ride on the world's only commercialized "Maglev Train" transportation running at top speed of 400 Km/hr
    The nearest hotel to the New Shanghai intl Expo Center is "Rennaissace Shanghai Pudong Hotel'.

If you have time, you can also visit Beijing by riding on their bullet train, non-stop from Shanghai to Beijing (10 hrs.). Train depart from Shanghai at 7PM.

If your coming here by June, expect that outside temperature is from 37 deg C ~ 40 deg. Celsius..... Super initttttt.......

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    beijing kaya ba ng 1 day along with great wall?

i'm not really into historical tours. pero yun plano ko trip next month sa shanghai gusto ko samahan ng beijing/great wall. mas trip ko talaga city stroll and shopping

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I've not been to both places. Please post pics upon your return.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung Great Wall lang, 1 day na yan dahil exhausted ka na especially kung aakyatin mo the 5-7 towers. Tapos mag shopping or strolling ka nalang sa Wangfujing sa gabi.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautica View Post
    Here's the place that you shouldn't miss when you come to Shanghai.
    • Stroll in the evening along the river banks of Zhongshan (Bund) and see for yourself the history meets technology between the 2 river banks such as the Pearl Tower & Jinmao Tower at New Pudong Area.
    • Yu Yuan Garden
    • Xintiandi
    • Take a ride on the world's only commercialized "Maglev Train" transportation running at top speed of 400 Km/hr
    The nearest hotel to the New Shanghai intl Expo Center is "Rennaissace Shanghai Pudong Hotel'.

If you have time, you can also visit Beijing by riding on their bullet train, non-stop from Shanghai to Beijing (10 hrs.). Train depart from Shanghai at 7PM.

If your coming here by June, expect that outside temperature is from 37 deg C ~ 40 deg. Celsius..... Super initttttt.......
    I will go there this July or August, hows the climate?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm leaving next weekend for China on short vacation with my misis & 2 kiddos (before their classes start). Our route will be Beijing-Hangzhou-Shanghai. Last time I was at these places was back in 1987 when I was still a kid.

Other than the usual sites, I'll try to spend 1-day at Zhong Guan Cun (electronics shopping district NW Beijing with 3,400 stores) near the Summer Palace where you find these 2 malls (taken from The Economist) :
    Hailong Shopping Hall
    1 Zhongguancun Dajie, Haidian District
    +86 10 8266 3838/ 3939
    The shopping mall that came to define the surrounding area as China's very own silicon valley. Five-stories of hardware, components, parts, laptops, and fully assembled PCs. It is generally considered the best place to pick up anything computer related on the mainland.

Top Electronics City
    1 Zhongguancun Dajie, Haidian District
    +86 10 8269 8269
    The largest electronics market in Beijing with over 1,700 small shops. The latest electronics can be found here with reliable after-sale services.
    From Beijing, we'll take the 11-hour overnight non-stop express train (165kph only) to Hangzhou on T-class service (4-soft sleepers per berth). The bullet train (TGV-class) line is still being constructed. Afterwhich, we move on to nearby Shanghai.

Last time I was in China was in 1995 backpacking in Lhasa, Chengdu (we climbed Emei Shan stayed at a monestary at the summit), Leshan, Yangshuo, but never got to re-visit Beijing and Shanghai in 1995.

I'm still searching on the net the electronics shopping district in Shanghai.
    Most point to the cluster of malls in Xujiahui. Any other tips, suggestions welcomed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Beijing or Shanghai ?