New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    The US get low mark overall..
    Expectedly enough, the Philippines gave the US a high rating...

Globescan
    Last edited by Steeljack; February 4th, 2006 at 08:32 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's always that way. Most Europeans tended to discount the US as a backwards and unrefined country when it was younger. It's been that way during times of peace. Yet, time after time, when these Europeans get themselves into a rut, who do they turn to?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    The Philippines gave the US the highest approval at 85 ... negative naman ang tingin sa UK. Bakit kaya? Hehehe.

The negative view upon the US has a reason. It's more prudent to know why.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    The Philippines gave the US the highest approval at 85 ... negative naman ang tingin sa UK. Bakit kaya? Hehehe.

The negative view upon the US has a reason. It's more prudent to know why.
    I'm sure it's because of its aggressive foreign policy such as Iraq and Afghanistan and the leaders who promote such policies plus it's ever present icons such as Hollywood/MacDonalds/Coca Cola.

I agree with Japan as the single most deserving nation to have a positive influence. But, what have the Europeans done to regard themselves as having the best positive influences overall?
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 4th, 2006 at 10:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    Negative ang UK? Maybe due to the Danish press pissing off millions of Muslims with the controversial cartoon image of the prophet Mohammed.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Strange ano? Wonder who they interviewed in the Philippines? In the metro, there should be a high approval rating, but out in the countryside and the south, I'd expect it to be lower.

No one likes Iran? Small wonder. :lol:

Note Afghanistan's very high approval rating of the US. The Afghan invasion was probably the only good thing GWB ever did. Too bad Afghanistan doesn't have much influence over other Arab states.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm actually surprised with the huge marks that the US gets from the Philippines. maybe it's just the things i hear or the people i talk to, but i thought Filipinos would score the US low.

sayang walang perception of the Philippines by other countries - that would have been interesting to see (because right now i have no idea).

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator
    Negative ang UK? Maybe due to the Danish press pissing off millions of Muslims with the controversial cartoon image of the prophet Mohammed.
    what do the actions of the Danish press have to do with the perception of the United Kingdom? paki clarify po

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    But, what have the Europeans done to regard themselves as having the best positive influences overall?
    The stat on how Europeans view themselves should not have been included. Nevertheless, Europe as a whole was viewed positively by the rest, including the US. Jun, unfortunately you're not among the 60% of Americans who can give a reason why.

It's also interesting to see Canada and Australia viewing the US negatively ... teka, pati pala Britain negative din tingin sa US.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator
    Huh?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeljack
    The US get low mark overall..
    Expectedly enough, the Philippines gave the US a high rating...

Globescan
    Colonial mentality eh -- no matter where the Filipinos are (kahit sa Dubai o HK or sa U.S. mismo).

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ganda nung view ng china about their good-'ol neighbor japan.

BBC Poll: How countries view other countries