New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    brus, i read in one of the threads that bali is a good place for a honeymoon.

isa yun sa mga options namin this december for our honeymoon. fortunately, my former boss resides there and offered her place (sana umuwi siya sa pinas para solo namin bahay niya -

pero ang concern namin is the airfare which if i'm not mistaken includes mla to singapore then to indonesia.

my idea ba kayo??? will the promo clark to singapore help in reducing airfare??

thanks!!!

by the way, we plan to go to bohol if we can not afford bali. WOW philippines!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bohol or palawan are affordable.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung philippines-singapore flight better get the one flying from clark, definitely much cheaper than those flying from manila (pal/sia).

for the singapore-denpassar (bali) leg search mo na lang sa internet discounted prices ng garuda, sempati, lion air, etc. yung mga indonesia airlines sobra cheap ng mga internet rates nila. just look for the travel agencies, don't go direct sa airlines. pay via credit card then print-out mo na lang yung e-ticket. yung friend ko na british he went to bali 3 months ago from singapore for only $40 one way, or $80 round trip. sorry wala siya dito ngayon di ko matanong ano travel agency sa internet ginamit nya.

pag gusto mo hotel mura din hotel sa bali, still recovering from the bombing kasi kaya cheap ang hotel rates. check mo internet dami dun.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok thank brus!!!

mukhang ok naman airfare.

accomodation will not be a problem since my former boss (my ninang also) is offering her place.

but of course honeymoon in the philippines is still one of our options.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check out the rates in www.airasia.com

if you are travelling 2-3 months from now, they have very good rates. yun lang you need to make 2 trips - Clark - KL & KL to Bali. i believe they also have tour packages to Bali (if your booking from KL).

phuket, thailand is also a good alternative if youre planning a honeymoon getaway. ive been there 3x this year and its a great place to visit. just be wary of tsunami warnings though

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    goodluck sa honeymoon, i heard bali is good=) yung also be abel to enjoy the balinese spa

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    been there this year for a trade conference. Nice place. The beach is not as nice as those in Bohol and nowhere near that of Boracay, but the culture and tourist friendliness nila is much better than here. I passed by Singapore, but the stopover transit time was lousy. Dating ko sa Bali sa gabi na. Until I heard yung isang pinoy who went to the same conference arrived much earlier the same day as I did, taking Cathay Pacific via Hongkong. Straight all the way na. Am not sure though with those value airlines, you may have to withrdraw your luggage and check in again.

One other option to consider is your airline mileage. Like if you have PAL Mabuhay miles. They also fly to Bali, but via Singapore. Based on the mileage you get for a round trip to Bali, it is enough credit for a free 1 way domestic ticket dito sa pinas. Also, those value airlines, though cheap, may not be that comfortable for a 3-4 hour plane ride to singapore, then the airport layover, and another 2 hours to denpassar. If via hongkong, same thing, except the manila-hongkong is shorter, and the hk-denpassar is longer. From what I heard, they skimp on food, drinks, maybe on the audio-video stuff that helps kill the time on the plane. I dunno with the seats if they skimped on its quality as well.

Pare, try mo yung mga spa nila. My wife and I went to one, tapos we got one of their complete package, mga US$50, kayong dalawa sa kwarto. Very decent naman ang masseuse, nothing extra curricular as what we have here, habang minamasahe ang misis ko sa harap, pinapanood ko, nakow!! Habang ako rin minamasahe on the massage table beside her, honeymoon pa man din kayo!
    Last edited by altec; July 28th, 2005 at 08:59 AM.

Bali, Indonesia - paano punta and how much???