New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1282 of 1375 FirstFirst ... 11821232127212781279128012811282128312841285128612921332 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,820 of 13750
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    'la lang.
    i just reminisced that among the first things i purchased when i arrived in my studio apartment in the american northwest, was a heater fan.
    it was a cheap, pre-owned unit, probably previously owned by someone "just passing by" like me. i didn't even know why i bought it. but come the -ber months, it was among my most appreciated appliances.
    mahina yung room heater ng apartment, as i came to realize later.

after spending for the room and board, transportation and food, and a bit of luho,
    kumita pa ako from the stipend.
    heh heh.

had i gone to the east coast,
    pang-apartment pa lang yung stipend, kulang nah.
    I love the NW :D current weather is below 10c. sat in the car with the heater on coz..t-shirt

Those heater-fans are used to make dried fruits and leather products like jerky LOL

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

Those heater-fans are used to make dried fruits and leather products like jerky LOL
    ...another fond memory; i first saw it in the TV back then.
    crocodile dundy's subaru ad.

"...jerky?"
    "nope. it's a subaru!"

heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Got my full refund for my Novermer 2020 flight.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    My host country has given approval for my Exit Travel Pass. Means I can return back next year![emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ...another fond memory; i first saw it in the TV back then.
    crocodile dundy's subaru ad.

"...jerky?"
    "nope. it's a subaru!"

heh heh.
    How much was the daily allowance then? I remember we sponsored some doctors for some months in NA and EU but it ended coz of anti-trust laws lol. Big sponsors were J&J then..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My friends found a way to celebrate Christmas, we will do a shopee wishlist tapos opening of gifts via video conference 😂 we look forward to this kasi may mga friends kami super galante mag regalo lol!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    How much was the daily allowance then? I remember we sponsored some doctors for some months in NA and EU but it ended coz of anti-trust laws lol. Big sponsors were J&J then..
    my philippine institution gave me 1500 usd a month.
    on-campus walk-to-work studio apartment was about 500 usd, including utilities.
    i thought the 500 was ok. until i found out that a two-bedroom bungalow in bellevue across the bay cost only 500 bucks a month. but it was a $1.70 bus ride away.

in contrast,
    my colleagues in the east coast needed at least 2000 usd just for a place to live.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    my philippine institution gave me 1500 usd a month.
    on-campus walk-to-work studio apartment was about 500 usd, including utilities.
    i thought the 500 was ok. until i found out that a two-bedroom bungalow in bellevue across the bay cost only 500 bucks a month. but it was a $1.70 bus ride away.

in contrast,
    my colleagues in the east coast needed at least 2000 usd just for a place to live.
    Bellevue Washington is beautiful.. further down I90 is one of our major hubs. Daz amount sounds fair.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gls2001 View Post
    Not exactly R&D but with BU Product Engineering doing NPD(New Product Development) release and Sustaining support for local manufacturing as well as supporting our different OSAT within APAC.

Very happy that this industry segment was somehow resilient during this unprecedented times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It's a good thing that your Product Engg group doing NPD and Sustaining activities was not bunched with Operations as most other companies are doing these days.... Else it would have been a different story...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    It's a good thing that your Product Engg group doing NPD and Sustaining activities was not bunched with Operations as most other companies are doing these days.... Else it would have been a different story...
    We were part of operations more than a decade ago and then as part of operations’ cost savings we were justified to be moved to the different Business Units. We were just 3 in this particular BU group that time supporting a $5M annual revenue and now has grown to 15 (8 Prod Engg and 7 Test Engg) with revenue close to $200M.

BTT
    Discussed the COS to the key persons on their recent salary changes. The surprise and happiness on their faces was priceless. One got a 7k adjustment which is a 14% raise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro