New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2463 of 2694 FirstFirst ... 236324132453245924602461246224632464246524662467247325132563 ... LastLast
Results 24,621 to 24,630 of 26937
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Yah, the bad trip part is that they raised the price just about a week or two ago lang daw.It's what I did before but going to casa has some advantages for me, like the waiting time to be attended to can be bearable due to the comfort of an aircon and free WiFi, once set, I can go home and just come back when it's ready. Plus it was cheaper before and using a less viscous oil and original filter with a new crush washer. Anyway, I just do it 1.5x a year.
    were you pissed off by the by-reservation / waiting period, or by the increased price?
    both can be effectively addressed in the petron gas station. they even have a clean, airconditioned convenience store beside it.
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Yah, the bad trip part is that they raised the price just about a week or two ago lang daw.It's what I did before but going to casa has some advantages for me, like the waiting time to be attended to can be bearable due to the comfort of an aircon and free WiFi, once set, I can go home and just come back when it's ready. Plus it was cheaper before and using a less viscous oil and original filter with a new crush washer. Anyway, I just do it 1.5x a year.

yan na ba yung shell oil? i think they switched suppliers from idemitsu. maybe that's why the price increased

sa province ko it's not a hassle to get oil changes at the casa. no appointment needed

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's not the training program.
    it's how you want to spend the rest of your life.
    after the lengthiest and trying part of residency training, comes "the rest of your life". this usually lasts much longer and is typically more challenging than any training program.

if one thinks about it,
    residency program is the good life... one has a regular salary and one can hide under the teacher's protective gown.
    going out into the populace to practice... that's the scary part. out there, there are no promises. one is on his own.
    i am nothing but in all admiration, for our colleagues who dared to practice in the rural areas.
    So from your experience doc, how do the different specializations pan out after 20 years of consultancy?

What is the chillest, what has the highest pay-to-work ratio?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    So from your experience doc, how do the different specializations pan out after 20 years of consultancy?

What is the chillest, what has the highest pay-to-work ratio?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    un-officially, the richest of them are the ophthalmologists. (heh heh heh!!!).
    ilang minuto lang ang isang cataract... eventually, all of us will need their services.

the most-loved are the pediatricians.
    matanda nah yung bata, tuwang-tuwa pa kapag makasalubong ang pedia niya.
    and their clinics are always so festive.

the most glamorous are the dermatologists.

the least known / least appreciated, are the pathologists. they hide inside the laboratory. their job description is to keep the laboratory working to high standards.

but seriously,
    yung income part...
    depende yan sa discarte.
    like any business, one has to be a good salesman of one's professional activities.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 25th, 2020 at 01:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    were you pissed off by the by-reservation / waiting period, or by the increased price?
    both can be effectively addressed in the petron gas station. they even have a clean, airconditioned convenience store beside it.
    heh heh.
    Unfortunately, there are no ac lounge in all the Big 3 around me, just pull a chair in their work area, a bit impatient but not really pissed, re price increase, well it's the reality nowadays

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yan na ba yung shell oil? i think they switched suppliers from idemitsu. maybe that's why the price increased

sa province ko it's not a hassle to get oil changes at the casa. no appointment needed
    Not sure of the supplier but I did notice that the price of the oil and filter was aligned to SRP, last time, the materials were a lot cheaper than SRP.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mom keeps going inside my room, told her I am isolating nga

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Thanks bro. The globe router has been stable for 1 day and 12 hours. I hope it remains stable.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
    How about installing a deco wifi mesh? I know someone a globe subs, his globe router is not stable so he put a deco wifi mesh and now it’s stable when connected to mesh than direct to globe router...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sira ata digital thermometer ko! So I decided to buy a new thermometer because I've been checking my temp for almost every 2 hrs and I was afraid it will run out of battery. I received the new one today and decided to test it.

I used my old thermometer first and it was 38.3! I was scared kasi I took Biogesic 6 hrs ago and it should have gone down. I used the new thermometer and it was 37.1 so I was confused. I used my Mercury thermometer and it was a little after 37 nga Baka naman my old thermometer was malfunctioning and shows higher values?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Sira ata digital thermometer ko! So I decided to buy a new thermometer because I've been checking my temp for almost every 2 hrs and I was afraid it will run out of battery. I received the new one today and decided to test it.

I used my old thermometer first and it was 38.3! I was scared kasi I took Biogesic 6 hrs ago and it should have gone down. I used the new thermometer and it was 37.1 so I was confused. I used my Mercury thermometer and it was a little after 37 nga Baka naman my old thermometer was malfunctioning and shows higher values?
    it also depends on how one positions the tip.
    take several determinations, using all three instruments, one at a time.

don't worry about battery run down.
    they eat electricity at about the same rate as quartz watches.

Bakit ka badtrip today?