New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    was able to watch it last night. Germany's Autobahn was featured sa megastructures ng national geographic.

galing.. super hitech highway...

ngayon ko lang nalaman, may portions din pala dun na may speed limit.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    bakit may speed limit yung ibang portions?

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Many sections, particularly those with dangerous curves, in urban areas, or with unusually constant heavy traffic, may feature speed limits ranging from 80 to 120 km/h (50-75 mph). In construction zones, the limit may be as low as 60 km/h (37 mph). Also, some sections now feature nighttime and wet-weather speed restrictions, and trucks are always regulated Still, much of the Autobahn is unlimited, but there is a recommended limit of 130 km/h (81 mph). This recommendation is generally seen for what it is-- an attempt by the government to cover itself without having to upset millions of Porsche and BMW owners/voters. However, if you exceed the recommended limit and are involved in an accident, you could be responsible for some of the damage costs even if you are not at fault.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hay ang sarap siguro magkasupercar tapos hataw sa autobahn! )

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    pati nga mga reinforce steel barrier sa mga bridge kakabilib kahit na 100kmh++ ang collision medyo lessen yung damage, pati rin bus/ heavy truck carry ng barrier ..>>

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May 'recommended' speed limit nga sa Autobahn. But even 18 wheeler big rigs are flying there and 130 kph will make you look like you are standing still. hehehehe.

Matagal na may speed limits ang ibang sections.

Car & Driver rode shotgun with the German highway patrol dati. Ang galing nila. They are very efficient.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Maganda nga yung autobahn pero pag naka-accidente, grabe talaga, daming patay.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    bat di gawin ganun dito sa pinas? hehe I shun to think about the chaos it would cost..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    marami na kayang naaaksidente doon?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    By all indications the Autobahn in its current state is a succeess. I doubt we could and should have an autobahn of our own cause how many cars can safely travel at more than 100kph? More importantly is the cars we have here stable enough at those speeds? Another would be the cars here have to be well maintained. By the number of busted tail lights and unsafe modifications I've seen on the road I think we arent. We also need to consider driver discipline. Read the Ramireze's article in this month's issue of C! about the autobahn. Ibang iba ang driving attitude ng European drivers sa pinoy dito.

It's doable but are people willing to make the sacrifices to make it happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Autobahn on Natl Geographic