New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I was at Paseo de Santa Rosa in Laguna yesterday. When I saw that the BPI ATM machine was unavailable, I drove around to check other ATM's where I can withdraw some money. I saw the Metrobank ATM and withdrew a small amount. To my surprise, when I saw the remaining balance after withdrawal, the bank charged me 200 pesos!

When I called BPI expressphone to check, it was only then that I learned from the phonebanker that Metrobank (with the Cirrus logo) charges US$2.00 for every withdrawal and US$0.50 for every balance inquiry. According to the phonebanker, the transaction is classified as international hence the dollar charges.

Hey, the amount maybe small but if I had known and had BPI informed their account holders including me, I would have chosen to drive some more to look for a BPI ATM. In these days when times are hard and money is scarce, 200 pesos is still 200 pesos.

I'm doing this so the public may know.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yep, do not use your bpi atm international card in non-bpi atm machines because the charges will be in us$.

of course di yan sasabihin ni bpi dahil kikita sya and the other bank kapag nagkaroon ng inter bank transaction. the same reason na kapag nagpapalit ka ng bpi atm card ngayon and lahat ng atm na iniissue ni bpi ay international na lahat

(my wife works as an auditor at bpi...at lagi syang asar talo sa kin kapag sinasabi ko ang kagaguhan ng employer nya hahahaha)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    To be fair, I WAS warned by BPI when they switched to the new cards about the Cirrus policy and charges. It isn't usually an issue for me, as I work in Makati where BPI ATMs are ubiquitous.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    That's daylight robbery. Why do they charge you in $ when you were transacting in peso and in the Philippines?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, it happened din to me before. and the bad thing here is not i was not informed about it. and to top it off, i remembered that when I've opened that account, they gave me an international account/atm, without any option.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    that appears in the receipt, right? will that also appear as a separate item in bpiexpresseonline?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    what is the charge for bancnet and megalink? sa expressnet (like landbank and banco de oro) wala siyempre, right?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    when i got my metrobank international atm card, the guy informed me of the high charges naman

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    200 pesos is way too much. Papaano na kaming mahihirap

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRaf
    what is the charge for bancnet and megalink? sa expressnet (like landbank and banco de oro) wala siyempre, right?

8 to 10 pesos ata to per transaction for banks within the same network (within bancnet e.g. RCBC to EPICB), 12 pesos ata pag outside the network (from bancnet to Megalink e.g. RCBC to PNB).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
ATTN: BPI ATM acct holders (FYI)