New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    clarify ko lang, kung hindi naman cirrus or international ang atm card ko, hindi P200.00 ang charge?

kapag express net ang atm ko and sa bpi ako magwithdraw, may charge din ba?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    clarify ko lang, kung hindi naman cirrus or international ang atm card ko, hindi P200.00 ang charge?

kapag express net ang atm ko and sa bpi ako magwithdraw, may charge din ba?

may charge siguro P10 pero hindi dollar rate like metrobank-bpi case..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick34
    I was at Paseo de Santa Rosa in Laguna yesterday. When I saw that the BPI ATM machine was unavailable, I drove around to check other ATM's where I can withdraw some money. I saw the Metrobank ATM and withdrew a small amount. To my surprise, when I saw the remaining balance after withdrawal, the bank charged me 200 pesos!

When I called BPI expressphone to check, it was only then that I learned from the phonebanker that Metrobank (with the Cirrus logo) charges US$2.00 for every withdrawal and US$0.50 for every balance inquiry. According to the phonebanker, the transaction is classified as international hence the dollar charges.

Hey, the amount maybe small but if I had known and had BPI informed their account holders including me, I would have chosen to drive some more to look for a BPI ATM. In these days when times are hard and money is scarce, 200 pesos is still 200 pesos.

I'm doing this so the public may know.
    I'm a BPI depositor and I received the warning from BPI not to withdraw from a cirrus logo if you have the international ATM. I received the warning along with the quarterly statements even if I dont have the international ATM card.

kaso, ang mga BPI depositors eh pwede mag-withdraw sa Megalink ATM for a fee of 12.00 yata (7.00 for other expressnet banks) , parang nakakalito nga naman kung mag-transact ka sa ibang ATM pag international ang BPI ATM card mo..
    Last edited by revoGSX; August 30th, 2005 at 10:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The BPI International ATM card (cirrus logo), ive heard ganun nga yung charging for a non-bpi transaction, in ANY COUNTRY (basta may cirrus logo). the 200 pesos we pay is basically for that convenience, sana lang talaga i-explain ng BPI yun sa mga kumukuha ng card nila, di kasi nila sinasabi sa mga kumukuha ng atm para mas malaki kita nila.

For me, i like the convenience it gives me, and im willing to pay the price, that ATM has saved my ass so many times when i was in europe and needed money. kasi almost any bank within the EU accepts withdrawals using the bpi ATM

But for those who don't go abroad, alam ko pwede mu pa-change yung atm mo sa bpi, or pagtyagaan mu na talaga maghanap at pumila sa bpi machine. to each his own

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    don't they have notes like that on the machine itself? the ATMs that i go to usually advise using local cards or other means of going around the charges, and they're printed and placed on the noteholder sa atm itself, or near it.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    matagal na yan ah, and not not only BPI is doing that. even metrobank. ganyan talaga kasi you're transacting from a different network (megalink/banknet to expressnet). the price we pay for convenience.
    it was actually designed for credit card CA, that's why they carry the cirrus logo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    don't they have notes like that on the machine itself? the ATMs that i go to usually advise using local cards or other means of going around the charges, and they're printed and placed on the noteholder sa atm itself, or near it.

hindi po lahat ng ATM meron eh...nung nabiktima ako sa powerplant BPI ako nagwidraw wala kaya nde ko alam..kaya sobrang nainis ako nun..sayang...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magulang talaga bpi maski sa mga workers nila.
    kuripot at mahilig magpa-O.T.Y. kapag bagsak ang system nila.

bluegirl: sana credit card nalang gamilitin mo :D sayang ang miles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
ATTN: BPI ATM acct holders (FYI)