New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ako, di ako affected, kasi ATM ko, si commander in chief ang may hawak, withdraw na lang araw araw ng pang toll fee at pang lunch

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dyan ok ang BDO.. kasi punta ka lang sa SM.. nagkalat ang BDO atms.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa 24 Oras, dami nagrereklamo about ATMs. Wala raw pera. Ang hahaba rin ng pila sa mga booths.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Grabe talaga ang volume ng mga nag-withdraw last weekend..... Dapat lang na may contingency plans ang mga bangko (maybe not in their best interest though)....

Banks say sorry for 'cash-less' ATMs

Banks on Monday apologized for the trouble their clients had to go through during transactions made on automated teller machines over the weekend.

“Talagang ang nangyari lang ay slowdown ang system dahil sa laki ng volume ng transaction (What happened was a system slowdown due to the huge volume of transactions),” said Miguel Bernabe, vice-president of Bank of the Philippine Islands' card banking division.

Reports said more than one million transactions were recorded in Bancnet ATMs over the weekend. BPI, meanwhile, estimated their ATM transactions at 800,000 per day. The transactions at ATMs are reportedly higher than the previous years

Starting Friday until Sunday, long queues were seen at various ATM sites in malls and other areas. Clients who received their monthly pay and bonus at the same time had to wait for 30 minutes to make a transaction.

4909:coffee:
    Last edited by CVT; December 18th, 2007 at 03:19 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    More and more companies are paying their employees salaries through ATM. That's why the number of ATM cardholders have doubled or tripled in recent years. But the number of ATM machines are more or less still the same. Just imagine them all withdrawing at the same time, the machines would not be able to serve all of them. Money will run out and systems would overload.
    Banks must add more ATM machines and upgrade their systems.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In addition, pag payday you can only wdraw sa same bank, that's one of their ways to cut down cross-bank transactions...

Actually here in SG, it's quite annoying coz almost none of the banks interconnect with one another...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used to work with ATMs before and yes, there is a certain limit of transactions these machines can handle. i think its at an average of around 500k to 600k transactions per day, otherwise, medyo babagal sya because of the buffer nung modem/NIC nya.

but i would have to agree with the some of the posters that it should have been upgraded to accomodate sudden or more than average withdrawals. it should have been upgraded to accomodate at least 1000k transactions daily, which is the average for other countries as well.

but for me personally, i am not affected by the rush. our payroll is on the 5th and on the 20th...way beyond the 15th and 30th schedule. my previous company used to release its payroll on the 13th and on the 28th.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I had forgotten that this phenomenon is not limited to the Philippines. Dati nga pala sa US of A kung kelan ko kailangan ng working ATM 'tsaka siya naka-offline! hahaha. Dapat mag-upgrade sila ng capacity forwarded a few YEARS into the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
ATMs and payday