New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think benefit pa nga sa kanila yang condo eh... Should raise land values in the area...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malayo yata iikutan kung galing ka ateneo

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    di ba may fault line dyan?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Maybe ADMU has a condo development of their own in the same general area. So with SMDC condo in the area, that would mean a lower price or less interests in ADMU's expensive condo development? ... hehehe ...
    That can be their hidden agenda, but how about their stated reason for opposing the project?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ah oo, nakikita ko yan. May fence na nga surrounding that area. All I can say is, BOO ! Ang sikip kaya ng daan diyan. Malapit kasi siya sa u-turn, lalagyan pa ng condo.
    Oo yan nga yung sa may u-turn, hirap dyan. Andyan din kaya skul ng PSBA. Kaya grabe traffic sa hapon at early morning.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    the priests base their opposition on zoning regulations. . .haha

eventually, that site will see a high-rise building in the future, anyway

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hindi man lang ginandahan ang design ng building. At least yung maging notable landmark sana na pwedeng malista sa CTBUH.. Sabagay, SM eh. Halos magkakamukha hitsura ng condo towers nila.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    E meron na sa tapat nila tapos na at na turn over na

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I doubt kung this would amount to something. Ongoing na ang construction at ang dami na na-invest ng SMDC dyan. Traffic wise, we know ma-traffic na dyan sa area na yan. One reason for that nga is because Ateneo doesn't want to sort of donate one more lane sa Katipunan Ave. Plus, this is a residential condo unit. I've notice that of all the hi-rises, condo units has minimal effects sa traffic sa area, unlike a mall.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think it also has something to do more with the building exceeding the zoning regulations on height, density, or alloted parking slots. The villages are also opposing this; another thing is that the zoning exemption probably speaks for the entire eastern side of Katipunan so it might have bearing on a previous debacle on the SMDC property right beside the Della Strada church, Petron Station and La Vista.

There's also another prime piece of land right between the SMDC development and Ateneo. So if the SMDC project is allowed, then that will also open the doors to the property which is right next to the Grade School of Ateneo and to develop an even larger mother-ass building. :D That wouldn't be conducive to education and one of the nice things about the Ateneo campus was that it was always open with no high rise obstructions.

The sewage in the area is also not adequate. Ever since the high rise condos started coming up, Katipunan started to experience flooding.

On a side note, the SM condo shouldnt have as much bearing on land value as would the Katipunan - C5 - Tandang Sora - NLEX road expansion and the Ayalas developing the UPIS into a mixed used facility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ateneo vs SMDC Blue Residences