New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    I just replaced my house roof recently w/ asphalt shingle roofing and it cost me $1,275 including the # 15 felt and ridge. I did the labor since they are very easy to install and the best time to install is summer. All you need are hammer or roofing staple, utility knife and a roof nail. My house roof is apprx: 2,750 sq ft.
    You can really save a lot when you know how to install it properly. Thanks for the inputs..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    are these asphalt shingles roofing practical and applicable to very humid tropical environment? How about being typhoon resistant?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    are these asphalt shingles roofing practical and applicable to very humid tropical environment? How about being typhoon resistant?
    Yes it can. Depending on geographical area some asphalt are design to withstand the weather on your area, even a place where ten months in a year are raining. Asphalt shingle are capable to withstand 90 up to 130 mph wind, 10, 20, 30 years warranty too, depending on what label your buying. So its better to do some homework before buying or ask your sale's rep.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Asphalt shingles are popular roofs in the US.

However, we actually chose CPAC Monier (roof tiles) over asphalt shingles when we built our new house 3 years ago.

During one of the stronger typhoons a couple of years ago, some 5-6 sheets of asphalt shingles from a couple of our immediate neighbors flew off.... Maybe wrong installation?.... Hhhmmm... However, it should be good since its underlayers are woodply and asphalt, I understand.

I am surprised to see Avida Settings (Ayala project) using asphalt shingles, because Avida along the Molino road used CPAC. The same is true with Verdana who used CPAC (another Ayala project) along Daang-Hari Road.

6000:mobile:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ So confirmed na asphalt shingles yung gamit sa Avida Settings. Nadaanan ko rin iyan (sa Molino Rd.) many times. Maganda tingnan.

Yung sa amin CPAC......

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yup, I like CPAC's material/construction and color better,- ours is orange-something......

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Asphalt shingles are popular roofs in the US.

However, we actually chose CPAC Monier (roof tiles) over asphalt shingles when we built our new house 3 years ago.

During one of the stronger typhoons a couple of years ago, some 5-6 sheets of asphalt shingles from a couple of our immediate neighbors flew off.... Maybe wrong installation?.... Hhhmmm... However, it should be good since its underlayers are woodply and asphalt, I understand.

I am surprised to see Avida Settings (Ayala project) using asphalt shingles, because Avida along the Molino road used CPAC. The same is true with Verdana who used CPAC (another Ayala project) along Daang-Hari Road.

Ayala chose to install Asphalt Shingles on 1 of their projects because it has something to do with Reliability and Warranty. In case there's something wrong with their roofing the manufacturer warranties it thus saving Ayala a lot of money.

Correct installation of a Certified Master Shingle Applicator is competent enough for this. One important tip for my fellow tsikoteers. if ever you would like to install shingles on your home, just make sure every piece of shingle installed has 6 roof nails installed NOT 4 nails. For inquiries and estimates just give me a private message. Our installers are CERTIFIED Master Roofer and Master Shingle Applicator in North America and Canada.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    For estimates and queries just message me here.. I will be glad to assist you..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ground_Effex View Post
    I haven't seen the ads yet but i will comment when i see it.. Thanks for the info.
    I have a house in Avida Settings Phase 2...AVida Settings uses CPAC Monier Prestige, Tropical Green. The Asphalt shingles probably is installed in other Avida subdivisions but not in Settings.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ^^ So confirmed na asphalt shingles yung gamit sa Avida Settings. Nadaanan ko rin iyan (sa Molino Rd.) many times. Maganda tingnan.

Yung sa amin CPAC......

Avida Settings uses CPAC...Prestige Tropical Green..Its not true about asphalt shingles being used in Avida Settings, probably true in other Avida Subdivisions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Asphalt Shingles Roofing.. Cool and Elegant