New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]Is the Apple Ipad (and tablets) only a fad?[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nung una tingin ko fad lang. pero after ko magkaroon ng smarthphone capable of browsing the net eh gusto ko na rin magka tablet. kahit nasa bahay lang mas comfortable mag browse browse habang nakaupo ka kung san man o nakahiga. hehehe. sa laptop kelangan nakapatong sa table or pag sa lap mo naman hindi comfortable.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    not a fad, lots of companies maneuvering for position na. even apps and OSs are also upgrading/forking for tablets.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Fad imho. Too low spec'd and slow.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Even ACER, a major Netbook maker has said Tablets is IT.

"If the fact few people are buying netbooks nowadays isn't enough, ACER sales manager Lu Bing-hsian has gone on record as saying that tablets will soon replace netbooks in Acer's line-up. "That's the direction of the market." PC World Jan 19, 2011.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    At first for me it's just a FAD, but later on when our company (IT Solution) started a project that caters IPad and the likes I can see that this FAD will be use by companies for potential profit gains because of the portability it brings.

Still my take on this one is still a fad, until they release the dual processor series

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally I feel that tablets will be a FAD but it will find a niche for itself, like netbooks. But it will not replace laptops/netbook PCs. I feel the tablet format will mainly be an information consumption gadget like for reading information (books, blogs, news, websites), watching media (music, pictures, movies, tv) and as a games platform. There will also be niche uses but the majority functions will be those already mentioned.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tablets won't replace anything else... but it's a growing niche... I see them stabilizing at a size between the iPad and the Galaxy Tab and becoming a the next go-to media device.

The Tab is tempting. It's at exactly the right size where you can install it in a car dashboard as a multimedia server / video/music plaer and navigation device. May actually buy one when the prices start going down.

Tablets have the potential to become the all-in-one solution for casual users. People who want to have something laptop-powered, but don't need the form-factor.

I've started using my iPad more now... and I could see a time when I use something similar for meetings (with a keyboard attachment). The biggest hurdle for me is that I'm a power-user. CorelDraw, PhotoShop, Excel, etcetera. (And not just Excel SUM and AVG functions... multi-sheet, hyperlinked, complex databases...).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Its also a fad for me. Nothing beats what desktops and laptops can do. Ang plus lang dito, you get touchscreen, ample storage data, portability, and wireless connectivity; an all-in-one multimedia provider.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Not a fad but a breakthrough, from a company that made the iPod, iPhone and Macbooks...
    Apple took the tablet PC concept and made it into a device that is fun, sleek and so easy to use that even old computer phobic people could use it...

Apple already killed the Sony Walkman, Sony PSP, and Microsoft Zune...
    And they are also selling more smartphones than Nokia in the US....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Are the Apple Ipad and other tablets only a fad?