New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    for me di naman ata masama pag-tag ng peasant shirt..although i understand if it will come as an insult to some patriotic people

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kung yung mga French nga eh, hindi nagagalit sa French fries.....

Corny.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Naalala ko tuloy several years ago...nung may lumabas na biscuit/snack food sa UK, Spain at Portugal na ang name eh "Filipinos". (NOTE: the biscuit is now marketed in Spain and Portugal as Atriach/Atriach something). Ang daming negative reactions from Pinoys (I think puro negative reactions nga), others were downright OA e.g. calling for the boycott of UK, Spanish and Portugese goods, calling for he boycott of Kraft products, calling for a senate investigation on the matter, etc.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama kayo medyo sensitive nga tayong mga filipinos...pero tayo naman ang number#1 na mapanglait, we call other nationality negro, baho, beho etc...hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naalala ko tuloy several years ago...nung may lumabas na biscuit/snack food sa UK, Spain at Portugal na ang name eh "Filipinos".
    May nagpasalubong sa akin niyan, ok naman. The product was not meant as an insult. Same thing with some beauty products na may 'Chinese' or whatever nationality herbs daw in it...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    May nagpasalubong sa akin niyan, ok naman. The product was not meant as an insult. Same thing with some beauty products na may 'Chinese' or whatever nationality herbs daw in it...
    Yep, agree. I remember reading the text of some news articles and statements from Kraft and a few other personalities/orgs. They definitely stated that naming their tasty and delicious biscuits as Filipinos was never meant to be an insult. Parang sabi ni galactus, ang French hinde nagagalit sa French fries. :lol:

n think yung "peasant" tag sa barong was not made as an insult as well.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Well, what can we do? These guys think they are superior than us and its so easy for them to brand and belittle our national symbol like the barong.
    Are you sure so sure about that?

Then why is it that they used a oilskin raincoat that is used commonly by Australian farmers & blue-collar workers (aka the 'peasants' also in the modern era) as their official outfit?

A peasant shirt is just the same as a peasant raincoat. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by jpdm
    Ive heard in the news the speech of Australia about agriculture and industry. Like the way they describe our barong tagalog, our agricultural products are also denied entry by Australia...infested daw. And thats how our APEC partners see our "importance'" in the groupings....
    If it's infested then it's infested... why use this peasant shirt issue to hide the fact that we can't comply with their trade requirements in the first place?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I like wearing barongs. It's much comfortable than polo shirt and tie.

It just goes to show that some people have very poor taste.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
APEC Tags Barong Tagalog as "Peasant Shirt"