New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    How about one of you start a thread with a title "Please post questions here that can be Googled" or "Please post your stupid or idiotic questions here" so that people who doesn't want to be bothered by what they considered "silly or idiotic" questions can skip the thread

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What's stupid for one person may not be stupid for another. If someone asks me what's the exposure triangle in photography I'll think it's stupid but if you're a complete beginner, you wouldn't think it's stupid and would want a decent answer.

Sure you can google, but having a conversation with a forumer who speaks your colloquial tongue is more understandable.

However, I also agree that before posting, one should search existing threads first. Saves mods the hassle of merging threads, and also makes it more convenient for the entire tsikot population to browse threads. Sometimes though, the search function is too broad for me that it gets confusing, which is why I'm not surprised if people just end up making new threads. I've found that searching in google directly then just adding the "tsikot" keyword is easier than using Tsikot's own search engine (despite it also being powered by Google).

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I do agree with TS. But you can't expect everyone to be Internet savvy.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mas OK na magtanong kesa magmarunong.

Kung Asa sa Google lahat, well wag na tayo magtanungan. Almost everything can be googled.

For example dati about turbo...

For me it is common knowledge na turbo spins as soon as there is exhaust. But for him, it's not.

Not a good enough reason to tell someone Google it.

Well that's just me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    We can nit-pick all we want but you can never get rid of those kinds of questions entirely, in any forum.

So just indulge him and put a link to the proper thread.

This doesn't happen too often naman. Common decency goes a long way.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    And it defeats the purpose of the forum.

Since everything can be googled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    As much as we'd like the people who we interact with in the forum to be on the same wavelength as we are, the reality is that it's just not possible, especially with Tsikot.

This forum is the largest automotive forum in the country - you can't expect it to be filled only with gearheads. I could imagine a first-time car buyer who knows absolutely nothing about cars and doesn't have much of an education to stumble upon this forum and sign up as a member.

There are certain people who are so clueless about cars that they don't know where to look, or what to look for. There are also people who don't instinctively Google things, because they aren't very adept at maximizing the internet either.

These people find this forum a blessing as it is filled with real Pinoys whom they can easily interact with, as opposed to an international forum where they'll have to muster some broken english sentence and probably not understand the reply of others. Tsikot can easily be thought of as the go-to place for these people to answer any car-related question they might have.

Not everyone here is a car genius, or a genius at anything at all. I didn't know that we're moving to close Tsikot from these people with limited knowledge. I always thought it was a forum where the learned can fill up the empty cups of others, however clueless they may be.

Agree with you dear bro....

Everyone has his or her own story (to tell).... Now if we have a few who are willing to listen.....

And definitely, there is strength in diversity....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    what the hell is google?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sensible suggestion is to use the search function instead.

We do encourage interaction in this forum so search existing thread first before creating a thread asking for question.

High and mighty mentality... Pwe!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    bah...gusto ko dumami number of posts ko eh.

#retzing

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast