New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    This is a rant.

Tsikoteers, please please please search online / Google first before asking questions in this forum. Most of us here are helpful and have been quite patient in order to avoid offending someone. But some questions are really silly, bordering on idiotic. It assumed that since you are able to access tsikot forum, you are online and you can do a search, Google, Yahoo, Bing, what have you.

Example of questions would be:
    What is L or 2 in a automatic transmission?
    What is a CVT?
    What is Sport Mode?
    When do we change wipers?
    How do we rotate tires?
    What is octane?
    What is Euro IV diesel?

... Stones, stones in the sky ...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hahaha meron na naman iba diyan puros questions ang naka post. Ni isang contribution sa forum wala.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^May naalala akong poster, tinitira si Doc Otep dahil sa bad experience kay Mang Mario. Pero if you backtrack all his posts, walang ni isang contribution at panay tanong lang.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Isama nyo na rin dyan ang RTFM Syempre Google muna kung ano ibig sabihin non

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    googling for the answer is like eating steak without using condiments, flavors, and spices...

ask away, folks.
    i can always skip your thread if "i do not want to be bothered by it".. a.k.a., "i do not know the answer.."
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 5th, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As much as we'd like the people who we interact with in the forum to be on the same wavelength as we are, the reality is that it's just not possible, especially with Tsikot.

This forum is the largest automotive forum in the country - you can't expect it to be filled only with gearheads. I could imagine a first-time car buyer who knows absolutely nothing about cars and doesn't have much of an education to stumble upon this forum and sign up as a member.

There are certain people who are so clueless about cars that they don't know where to look, or what to look for. There are also people who don't instinctively Google things, because they aren't very adept at maximizing the internet either.

These people find this forum a blessing as it is filled with real Pinoys whom they can easily interact with, as opposed to an international forum where they'll have to muster some broken english sentence and probably not understand the reply of others. Tsikot can easily be thought of as the go-to place for these people to answer any car-related question they might have.

Not everyone here is a car genius, or a genius at anything at all. I didn't know that we're moving to close Tsikot from these people with limited knowledge. I always thought it was a forum where the learned can fill up the empty cups of others, however clueless they may be.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i think, some people want affirmation or just trying to weigh different options that's why they ask "stupid" but sincere questions

of course others just want to jack up the post stat sheet

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sorry... changed my mind.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 5th, 2014 at 06:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    And please do use the existing search function here sa tsikot (upper right area),
    there might be an existing thread already kung saan masasagot na agad yung inquiry.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Clueless questions are ok. It's the clueless questions that are posted a page (or even a few posts) away from the answer that gets me.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast