New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kasi naman nag pipirated Windows pa kayo eh... tsk tsk... bad... :twisted:

XP is meant to be installed "clean", "upgrade" installs often results to hardware incompatibility, a fresh, clean install will solve that problem.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPcHiCk
    sa haus, we still use 98.
    in the office, Win NT...
    same

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use Mandrake 9.0 on Gnome desktop. Virus safe.. walang incompatibilities, walang licensing costs. complete and office suites compatible with MS Office.

:P

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    partly true but still there are workarounds... I just would like to share this not because I am promoting piracy but for information only...

XP CD media comes in two forms as far as I know. The Full product media and the upgrade media. I have both CD medias because I bought XP before then we just upgraded our company using the software assurance program of MS amounting to about 2million++ pesos...

Once you use the full product, you cannot use the same serial number when "activating" the product. Yes XP needs to be activated via phone or internet.

Now here is the "tanga" thing they did. There is an upgrade media. This will require a different serial number that will not need the activation via phone or internet. And mind you, the upgrade media is not like win95 upgrade that requires you win311 or win31 installed before you can install. You can directly boot from winxp upgrade media and install the OS into a clean unformated HD.

And yes, all windows updates (windoesupdate.microsoft.com) will allow you to update.

Hopefully, MS will not read this for poeple to be able to use winxp at home because it is damn too expensive... but I sure wish they will read it... so we rid our society of these pirates who steal intellectual properties...

Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    i use Windows XP Pro... XP has better hardware compatibility than Win2000 and far better driver support

Windows Update now checks for piracy... if you have a pirated version of WinXP, you won't be able to download any Microsoft Windows updates and patches

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwoods
    i use Mandrake 9.0 on Gnome desktop. Virus safe.. walang incompatibilities, walang licensing costs. complete and office suites compatible with MS Office.

:P
    walang incompatibilities?! talaga? if this is 100% true I just might migrate!

Mandrake is a Linux flavor, but saan ulit siya naka-base, which flavor again, I forgot...?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bad trip di kayang ipirata ang XP home edition kasi meant for individual users kasi eh kaya lang magenerate na cd key mga hackers! mas gusto ko kasi yun dahil mas simpleng gamitin vs. XP pro eh...

pero gamit ko on both desktop and laptop office XP!

mas user friendly compared to the previous versions of office IMO
    :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    Dual Boot with Windows 98SE

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can find the pirated version of XP Home edition. Just look around and you will find one. They can pirate anything for as long as they will earn easy money out of this.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa bahay 98
    sa office NT & XP

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Windows Me sa home PC
    Kahiya-hiyang Win95 sa office.
    Grabe Windows, no? Dami kapalpakan...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
anong windows gamit nyo?