New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    not unless mabawasan or maging patriotic mga politicians sa pinas ala padin akong nakikitang pag asa sa next generation.corruption drags our country down.kailangan leader ng pinas katulad ng gobernador sa pampanga para umunlad ang pinas.padami ng padami ang mga pobre pero kokonti ang job opportunities.janitor na nga lang taas pa ng qualification ba gusto.kaya gustuhin mang makapagtrabaho ng mga nasa squatter pahirapan pa talaga (though malaki part nila kaya ganon life nila).sa pinas not unless na ikaw e from the rich families na madaming kapit or me sarili kang bisnes theres no way you can survive.konting lihis lang ng budget, sakit sa ulo na.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    how about this bombings all around, carnappings, etc, plus very unreliable govt. parang nakakapanghina eh. parang napakahirap na kahit mag malling nalang eh without feeling insecure. or is it just a case of paranoia kaya?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's not in your head, it's real - I constantly read about kidnappings, carjackings, extortion, etc on Tsikot and that does not represent the entire situation well but just what people can report online. That's just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

You're right, punta ka na nga lang sa mall you'll feel paranoid pa. Maglalakad ka lang sandali sa city streets, you'll have to be vigilant. This is the other side of your question I guess, the individual safety of citizens. I guess it's been like that for a while and people have adapted ways to cope with it. However, that's the problem - it's been like that for so long and nothing is done to make it any safer.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Unfortunately I cannot read what the future holds. What I can try to do though is do what I can to help make it a better one.

Apparently you have doubts. Maybe you should consider migrating? Just a thought.

The caveat though is that no place is perfect. There will always be a trade off.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    It's not in your head, it's real - I constantly read about kidnappings, carjackings, extortion, etc on Tsikot and that does not represent the entire situation well but just what people can report online. That's just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

You're right, punta ka na nga lang sa mall you'll feel paranoid pa. Maglalakad ka lang sandali sa city streets, you'll have to be vigilant. This is the other side of your question I guess, the individual safety of citizens. I guess it's been like that for a while and people have adapted ways to cope with it. However, that's the problem - it's been like that for so long and nothing is done to make it any safer.
    yap bro iyan ang question talaga na tinutumbok ko. if it is that dangerous to just go for a malling as of now eh papano pa ang future kung yung santambak na pamilya eh di maturuan at ma educate ang mga anak which is about 8kids/fam. mostly kasi sa mga middle class about 1 to 4 lang ang mga anak of course these kids are nurtured unlike doon sa mahihirap na aywan ko. - [ang sama banggitin eh.] obviously mas dadami ang maghihirap kaysa maging middle class sa near future. at syempre mostly sa mga may bad upbringing ay mababa ang tingin sa buhay at moral. madaling uminit ang ulo at madaling maka-commit ng crime.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot read what the future holds. What I can try to do though is do what I can to help make it a better one.

Apparently you have doubts. Maybe you should consider migrating? Just a thought.

The caveat though is that no place is perfect. There will always be a trade off.
    para bagang "if no one will stand up against, who will?"

your saying that i have doubts... hey man to tell you the truth dude, its not doubts, i'm almost certain sa ganang akin lang. aywan ko lang kung dahil nasanay na ako sa safety and comfort sa ibang bansa. i off mo lang ang overnight lights mo sa around the vicinity ng pamamahay mo dito eh kakatakot na baka may mga masasamang loob na magsamantala.

since na nabanggit mo and i quote
    "Unfortunately I cannot read what the future holds. What I can try to do though is do what I can to help make it a better one."
    i guess yan ang hinahanap kung responds so far. admittedly your words make me strongerr kahit papano. the big question now is how! how to stand up and make a difference. (huuuwww big move parang sine ah)
    Last edited by dbuzz; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    [SIZE=2]Dito sa pilipinas, mga bata ang large part ng population, at sana nga lang eh, they will be able to unite the country and steer it to better heights.

There are a lot of young Filipinos working abroad who are just raring to come back when they see the right time has come, and do their share in rebuilding this nation.

As the economic foundations are being laid out, there is hope that the political foundations will also be set into place in the very near future.

Sabi nga madalas ng teacher ko noon, "It’s time to pass your paper, pencils up" – and that’s fast coming for most of us who belong to the generation of baby boomers - born shortly after World War II. Gaya ng presidente natin who belongs to that generation – we must admit it’s hard to believe we are now approaching our senior citizen years.

As they say, it’s time you started packing your bags and getting ready to go to the departure lounge before flying off into the sunset – because the next generation of Filipinos will soon take over as leaders of this nation.[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It's scary to think how the younger generation will run the country.

The people who ran the country best were those back in the pre-Marcos era. After that, the country went down the drain.

Mga bata ngayon mas materialistic, mas self-centered, mas pleasure-seeking, mas vain.

Yan ang future leaders natin.

Sa SK palang may kurakot na. Maaga natuto.

-----------------------------------

sir mbeige,

yes i know the public education system is unreliable and inadequate. It will just mold kids into incomplete and partially useless lumps of clay.

Kaya i said poor parents send their poor kids out into the world unskilled, uninformed, unprepared and uncompetitive.

The poor kids are competiting with privileged kids who went to private pre-pre-school, pre-school, primary, secondary, tertiary... even masters...

Plus the training they get from successful parents...

The poor kids dont stand a chance.
    Last edited by uls; November 24th, 2007 at 12:23 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ang future ng mga bata dito sa Pinas ay depende sa magulang.

Depende na yan sa diskarte ng magulang kung paano nila turuan ang mga anak nila para mag survive and mag thrive dito sa ating kakaibang bansa.

Tingnan nyo ung mga younger generation of politicians and businesspeople... naturuan kasi sila ng mga parents nila...
    +1

very much well said.

for me, man should do everything he can before destiny reveal itself. you should prepare your kids if you want a bright future. kung prepared ka, no matter where you are, you'll emerge. besides grass is not always greener on the other side.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

sir mbeige,

yes i know the public education system is unreliable and inadequate. It will just mold kids into incomplete and partially useless lumps of clay.

Kaya i said poor parents send their poor kids out into the world unskilled, uninformed, unprepared and uncompetitive.

The poor kids are competiting with privileged kids who went to private pre-pre-school, pre-school, primary, secondary, tertiary... even masters...

Plus the training they get from successful parents...

The poor kids dont stand a chance.
    You're right, their future lies in their parents' teaching and upbringing. However when I mentioned what I said earlier I was hoping for something more consistent and objective, because parents all have different ways of bringing up their children and sometimes the children also learn from past mistakes. I was hoping to focus something that can be remedied such as the education system. While parents can also be remedied, it will take far too longer. As with everything else in the homeland, enforcement and implementation is and has always been a problem. So even if the education system can be improved with guidelines and such, who would go out and tell each school to improve? Who would go out and tell each parent to teach better things to their children, and not just verbally but by example too? The government's social welfare department cannot control parents because enforcement is nearly non-existent and, on a smaller scale, if somebody thinks their neighbor is not treating their children correctly, who will they call, and will somebody answer?

I too cannot think how the country will be run in a few years or decades. Another Edsa revolution might happen, but people are tired of that they probably just mellow down and just let things pass over their heads because they know nothing will happen.

That is why the rich will get richer, and the poor, poorer. This is because the parents who are well-off can bestow their knowledge and training to their children, who will become successful, wealthy and well-off in the distant future. How about the children of poor families? Even if the parents teach them well, it will take more time and money for them to get to the same level as the rich children would.

If the government can allot some funds to develop the social welfare department to focus on and improve on the public education system then I'm pretty sure more poor children will want to learn because that is the key to their future, given that their parents teach them well enough.

Gearhead has a very good point too, if you go somewhere else there will definitely be trade offs. However, being a husband I'm definitely after the future of my future children. I've talked to my wife about this and it looks like the education system in the homeland, if one can afford it, provides a much better foundation than the ones here in the US. Here in the US, religion in school is almost always generally in the background but there, religion is part of the formative years of children.

Grass can be greener on the other side of the pond, but there will be more ants. Just an analogy I've thought of as I read Van_wilder's response

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Poor kids dont stand a chance? Ive heard of a lot of poor kids emerge successful. Marami dyan, di lang natin nakikita. Depende sa tao yan, sa diskarte. Others are contented with being a tambay or depending on an OFW relative. that's the wrong attitude.

bombings? kidnappings and crime? any country in the world has all of these. even the US, the most powerful and most prosperous economy in the world, the land of the free, the land of the brave, was also a victim of a terrorist attack. Crime is prevalent here, its abundant there too.

my opinion? id rather stay and raise my child in this country. no matter how ugly the government is, its up to the parents to steer the child to the right values. as long as i have my family with me here, kahit anong hirap kaya ko.

bring my family to the US? di na. the culture there is very different and might not be conducive to raising my child properly. my bro-in-law wants to bring his family home na from the US so his kids are raised properly.

whats the future of our kids here in Pinas? their future is what we, their parents, make it.
    Last edited by morrissey_05; November 24th, 2007 at 05:18 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Anong future ng mga anak natin in store dito sa pinas?