New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sa makikita lang mukhang malabo eh.

Should we start migrating now before its too late for the sake of our children?
    O di naman kaya may pag-asa pa.

Middle class na ba yung kayang mag-maintain ng family of 4 at may sariling bahay/lupa at kotsi? So, ilang ang ganun sa kabuonan natin?

Sa Maynila lang naglipana ang mga squatters at ang daming nilang anak average ng 8anak/fam at walang ipapa-aral na kung tutuusinn sa pagkain lang eh kapos na. so out numbered talaga yung makakita ng good job sa future dahil hindi sufficient ang education nila. madalas pa pag-laki nila, hirap din and a big possibility na maging sa other side of the law sila. i mean carnappers/holduppers/pushers/magnanakaw/etc dala ng kahirapan.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Boss dbuzz, the jobs are there, yung work ethic lang medyo may problema.

Sa company ko, if 10% of all new recruits last more than a year (meaning good performance), masaya na ako. I don't know why only 10% of the working population have the idea na job = work, instead of job = tambay.

Yung mga nagtatagal sa amin, masaya naman sila. Many have their own house na, may little business for their family, etc.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ang future ng mga bata dito sa Pinas ay depende sa magulang.

Depende na yan sa diskarte ng magulang kung paano nila turuan ang mga anak nila para mag survive and mag thrive dito sa ating kakaibang bansa.

Tingnan nyo ung mga younger generation of politicians and businesspeople... naturuan kasi sila ng mga parents nila...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^ I agree with you sir..

I still believe na mas ok pa rin sa pinas.

Kami nga..napalaki kami at napag aral ng aming magulang dahil sa kanila sipag at tiyaga bilang isang empleyado..Nakaraos naman..And compared sa mga pinsan namin..both father side and mother side..who migrated and live most of their lives in the US & Canada..I do not think na we are that far off. I would like to think na mas okay pa rin ang kalagayan ko compared to some of my cousins.

The only difference is..OFW ako now..pero I do not intend to be here for that long. Before I left, I had a goal in mind, As soon as I reach my goal. I will go back. Iba pa rin kasi yung nasusubaybayan ng magulang ang mga anak.

And lastly..live within your means, yan ang turo ng nanay ko.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Boss dbuzz, the jobs are there, yung work ethic lang medyo may problema.

Sa company ko, if 10% of all new recruits last more than a year (meaning good performance), masaya na ako. I don't know why only 10% of the working population have the idea na job = work, instead of job = tambay.

Yung mga nagtatagal sa amin, masaya naman sila. Many have their own house na, may little business for their family, etc.
    Kasi para sa pinoy, ang trabaho ay PUNISHMENT.

Mas masarap pa tumambay kahit wala pera kesa mag trabaho para sa konting pera.

pero syempre the best is magkapera na hindi kelangan magtrabaho.

hehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ang future ng mga bata dito sa Pinas ay depende sa magulang.

Depende na yan sa diskarte ng magulang kung paano nila turuan ang mga anak nila para mag survive and mag thrive dito sa ating kakaibang bansa.

Tingnan nyo ung mga younger generation of politicians and businesspeople... naturuan kasi sila ng mga parents nila...
    +1

sabi sa akin ng tita ko na nasa isteyts, mas gugustihin nyang magretire dito kesa sa US. at syempre, nais ko rin ibalik ung ipinagpapaaral ng mamayan ng pinas sa akin for the past 10 years.

* DonT,

tama ka. nagustuhan ko lalo na ung huli mong linya.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I watched an episode of Animal Planet where a mother killer whale teaches here offspring how to hunt seal on the shoreline

The mother killer whale guides her offspring to the shore and together they wiggle their way back into the water.

hanggang sa nagkaroon ng first successful catch ung young killer whale.

Parents should teach their kids how to hunt.

Problem with many parents, marunong lang sila gumawa ng bata, but they dont teach their kids how to survive. The kids are sent out into the world with no skills, no education, no foundation.
    Last edited by uls; November 23rd, 2007 at 04:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sometimes hardship in life is a very good teacher. my parents are not rich and i remember them telling us 3 brothers that the only thing that they can give us as an inheritance is our education.

so we all persevered until we all graduated. now we all have good jobs and though we are not rich, we don't consider our own families poor!

so what's the point of my rant? it's in the right training of our children. it is not wrong to worry about them but don't worry too much!

but what do i know... i'm now just an old lazy f*rt. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    After 10 or so years working and living outside with my family doing a regional stint, we returned because I believe that the country can be headed towards a brighter tomorrow. Was offered a better position in another market but we chose to do our part.

It may not seem apparent but there are industries and sectors that are growing or have the potential to grow. The key for my specific endeavour is to look outwards. Of course, I am hoping our venture works well since it may play a small part in helping the country too. We must be optimistic and share that optimism.

Sadly though just today I came from a meeting with a company that appeared to be be dying. I guess what they have not done is re-invent themselves. I think that maybe that is what we should learn to do...learn to re-invent ourselves in everything we do. And in the way we think.

Just the two cents of another Pinoy citizen.

OT: I am amazed with the quality of the members of my young staff. They are a very talented group. Sometimes it pays to listen to the fresh ideas of the youth.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Namana kasi natin ang pagiging complacent and lenient when it comes to obligation from the Spaniards na mahilig mag siesta, magpahinga, etc. I can't blame Pinoys either, the weather is almost always hot and humid with the exception of occasional downpours that make it cooler, but with that comes slower traffic flow so it doesn't help make travel easier.

For me I believe the problem lies in the fact that the country's economy is product-based, not labor based. Meaning, individuals are paid for the product outcomes they can provide but not for the labor, so regardless of the difficulty of the work, they get paid the same salary. The worker does not get paid what is due him or her from the amount of effort he puts into the work, hence he or she becomes complacent since he will get paid the same amount for less work, so why work harder? There is no incentive to work harder because like I said, it's not based on labor but on the end product. This together with the low minimum wage combines to give workers reason not to give optimal performance.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Problem with many parents, marunong lang sila gumawa ng bata, but they dont teach their kids how to survive. The kids are sent out into the world with no skills, no education, no foundation.
    The problem is, if they don't have money, the public school system is not enough to guarantee competent education enough to allow these kids to get into a competitive university and earn their degree. Most of the time they only get vocational schooling, so that severely limits their abilities.

It's like a piece of clay. Children can mold it into any form. But with out the right education and competent background, they will only make simple things and nobody will appreciate them, so they are left in the background.

However, children with education can perform better. But like I said, the public system is not as good as it should be.

Finally, job satisfaction is another. I studied three years of PT (Physical Therapy) in UST but had to stop to migrate to the US so I never finished the course. My classmates who have graduated before me now have landed jobs at various facilities such as Clinica Manila in Megamall, UST hospital, etc. but most of them are severely underpaid. There is more potential for them in other countries such as here in the US which is why a lot of my friends have already moved here. They've settled down in Florida, Texas, California, Maryland, etc and are all working hard and earning so much more than they could ever get there. From what I've heard, it's true that PT is very rewarding but the pay is unfortunately not. My wife, who also is a PT, even says if she gets a job as a PT for experience while we're working on her papers, she will get paid the same amount as those in the call center business, so the effort is way too much for being a PT as opposed to being in a call center. I'm sure she's not the only one facing that kind of dilemma.

During the first year in UST, I remember most of them say that the reason they took up PT is to earn good salaries. Sadly, some of them have deviated to other jobs that pay equally well. My dad who has an office in East Ave Med Center tells me he frequently gets applications for a secretary from individuals who took PT during their college days.

Those individuals who blame migrants are probably well off in their own ways, but others who believe and truly have potential that the country cannot cater to are forced to find work elsewhere due to higher salaries, safer environment, more benefits as well as financial stability. The risk of migrating, however, is that they all start from scratch unless they have friends or relatives to help them out.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Anong future ng mga anak natin in store dito sa pinas?