New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    well, kahit lumang damit pag pinakarga mo sa balikbayan box then binuksan mo pagdating sa pinas amoy imported pa den. bat kaya? baka nga may ini-spray sila sa mga box.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    well, kahit lumang damit pag pinakarga mo sa balikbayan box then binuksan mo pagdating sa pinas amoy imported pa den. bat kaya? baka nga may ini-spray sila sa mga box.
    yup this is true... even old magazines that had no smell whatsoever while in the states tapos i shipped it here... i call this smell "US smell while in the philippines".

This so called U.S. smell can only be smelled if the product came from somewhere in a less polluted state for example .. suburbs in CA. If it came from a more polluted place in the US like in NYC then the smell usually is less but it is still there.

I believe this smell has something to do with the US having fresher air than ours. lets face it when you look at our cities from a plane its covered in smog and pollution. Thats why the fresh air is kept inside the balikbayan boxes and when opened it releases the air from the US. No offense to anyone here but my cousin who was born and raised in the states said it kinda smells here in the philippines. i dont smell anything right now but maybe because we are used to it. Ill try asking my cousin if there's a certain smell when we ship a balikbayan box from the philippines to the us... baka may amoy rin im guessing it wont be good though.

i have discussed this in another forum before and some of them insisted that it was only in my mind that the products smell that because they were from the states but this is not true because sometimes when i get home i know something came, may it be tissues or old magazines from the states i know it because of the smell not because i saw it.

I would like to add that this smell is different from the "new electronics smell" or the "new car smell" or any "new product smell"
    Last edited by kyle618; December 20th, 2005 at 08:50 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Trust me dude, it's the smell of the cold gas in the storage area of an aircraft. The same whether it's in a cargo ship. Many of the cargo containers are docked inside warehouses while awaiting their flight. How could you say the air inside a warehouse is fresh?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    keep it comomg guys... yan din pinagiisapan namin ni misis. yung amoy amerika...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how long does that US smell lasts on items shipped to the Philippines? did anyone notice?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    uhmm amoy galing states.. i wonder

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ang alam ko na amoy tate eh yun deodorant na ginamit kahit nde paligo

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sana ma-capture nung mga chemists yung amoy at gawin nilang air freshner or toilet deodorant. O kaya gawing scent sa mga sabong panlaba.

Reporter: "Misis, mukhang puting-puti ang labada nyo ngayon ah!"

Misis: "Oo naman! Mr. Clean ata yan! Puting parang bago, amoy Stateside pa!"

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane
    Sana ma-capture nung mga chemists yung amoy at gawin nilang air freshner or toilet deodorant. O kaya gawing scent sa mga sabong panlaba.

Reporter: "Misis, mukhang puting-puti ang labada nyo ngayon ah!"

Misis: "Oo naman! Mr. Clean ata yan! Puting parang bago, amoy Stateside pa!"

Hahahahaha!

Seriously, it must be something happening while in storage, the guys are right. Kasi hindi naman ganon ang amoy dito sa US. And I'm sure sensitive ang pang-amoy ko.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    hindi niyo pa din ginawa yung suggestment ko?

Quote Originally Posted by bardigones
    ganito:
    *isang box - lagyan mo ng dove-pink na sabon (kahit nakabox)
    *put some of your clothes in there...
    *close the box, say, overnight...
    *smell mo yung clothes the next day

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Amoy Imported