New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Yung rice ba na kelangan ifumigate is yung mga rice na hindi naibaba dati dahil sa sunod sunod na bagyo this past month?

yan daw ang palusot.

pero duda ko eh sinasadya yan kasi months daw nakatengga sa barko. So para jack up presyo ng commercial rice.

--

Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Province of China na nga siguro tayo.
    Kahit dugasin ang pagkain, gatas at vaccine, basta lang kumita. Tsk!

Food safety incidents in China - Wikipedia

kakabasa ko lang sa newspaper eh pati galungong na imported eh tainted ng formalin

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    yan daw ang palusot.

pero duda ko eh sinasadya yan kasi months daw nakatengga sa barko. So para jack up presyo ng commercial rice.
    If i remenbered correctly, yan ang binalita months ago na di makadaong ang barko. (I think that was true since obvious na malakas ang hangin).
    But then, we had a couple of nice days in between those bad weather period and most likely naibaba (sana) na nila. Why are they releasing it only now is another question.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    we often received parcels/packages from Canada too since i was a kid because of tito/tita's that migrated there. then later on from the US of A from my sis. iba nga amoy ng nasa kahon galing steyt, amoy himported...
    Last edited by monty_GTV; August 23rd, 2018 at 05:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Pwede sa kotse yang spray na yan ah. Mag amoy PX loob ng kotse mo hehe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Yan din plan ko dati.. heheh try ko ulit tanongin sil...

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "new car" fragrance or "new shoe" fragrance?
    merong ganyan sa mall accessories shop.

it's really just the odor of adhesive. open a rugby and you get a cheap version.
    heh heh.
    Hahaha!! High na high ang dating mo nyan doc! Parang yung rugby boys sa fuente osmena cebu... Amoy Imported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Minsan meron sumakay sa starex namin, ang sabi "Hmm ... amoy amerika itong sasakyan mo!"

Di ko sure kung alin ang cause, armor all o yung freshener. Paiba-iba din kasi gamit kong freshener.

Palagay ko, yung armor-all kasi hilig ko gamitin sa car noong panahon na yon.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Yung smell na yun is distinct and it has to be common (hindi fragrance or freshener coz not everyone uses the same fragrance/freshener)

Step 1.
    Go to ukay ukay stores in the Philippines na galing US mga damit. Also,
    Go to stores in the Phil. that sells second hand items shipped directly from the US. That is the smell I am talking about.

Step 2.
    Go to ukay ukay stores in the Phil. na galing Hongkong/China or any asian countries. Iba din ang amoy. Yung amoy na yan is similar sa amoy ng dampness sa pinas kasi I think Phil. is in Asia/tropical climate

Step 3 (If you in North America)
    Go to ukay ukay like thrift stores, plato's closet, salvation army, once upon a child. The smell there is exactly the same as the smell of Step 1.

I think it's the smell of mustiness/dampness (yung pag kumuha ka ng kumot sa cabinet nio na matagal nang naka-stock at di nahahanginan, pag inamoy mo amoy damp).

Usually pag pumapasok din ako sa houses dito sa Canada mayroon din distinct pleasant smell which is common to all the houses here.

Yung mga maleta/balikbayan box na galing US nakulob yan ng matagal sa maleta/box which gets that damped/musty smell.

My theory I think it's the air/climate/humidity of the country/continent (which is common to all unlike fragrance which is specific to individuals and not the whole country)

Bawat country/continent may distinct na amoy ng dampness/mustiness and the smell of dampness in North America is just pleasant dahil sa air/climate/humidity dito.

The reason why iba ang amoy sa toronto area compared sa US is probably because of the lake that gives off a different air pero sa southern ontario na close na sa US they get that "amoy imported US smell".

What do you think guys? hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Duty free stores... india and uae duty free smells the same sa balikbayan bix when i entered the car after leaving them 24hrs inside..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    I wonder pag galing pinas ano naman kaya amoy pag pumunta sa US?
    I think it's unpleasant. My Aunt told me when she comes home from the Philippines, she would leave her clothes and stuff in the garage to air out the smell. It could be similar to when we'd come home to the province and I'd tell my parents amoy probinsiya na (I didn't like the smell) They said it's probably copra that I smell.

Anyway, I just received mail/fedex from the US and when I opened the envelope, amoy na amoy ko US. It smelled so good so mali yung theory na dahil sa sabon sa balikbayan box because even paper has that smell.

I remember when we were younger UF described to me when she first got to the US. She said she was so amazed because the colors are more vivid - the sky is more blue, the trees are more green and the air feels so fresh. For some reason mas masarap huminga sa US. I'd like to see if there's a science behind that (quality of air in US vs PH)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I think it's unpleasant. My Aunt told me when she comes home from the Philippines, she would leave her clothes and stuff in the garage to air out the smell. It could be similar to when we'd come home to the province and I'd tell my parents amoy probinsiya na (I didn't like the smell) They said it's probably copra that I smell.

Anyway, I just received mail/fedex from the US and when I opened the envelope, amoy na amoy ko US. It smelled so good so mali yung theory na dahil sa sabon sa balikbayan box because even paper has that smell.

I remember when we were younger UF described to me when she first got to the US. She said she was so amazed because the colors are more vivid - the sky is more blue, the trees are more green and the air feels so fresh. For some reason mas masarap huminga sa US. I'd like to see if there's a science behind that (quality of air in US vs PH)
    Open sewers, unpaved shoulders/sidewalks, dust, never-cleaned streets & open trash bins all contribute to our endemic organic aroma.Amoy Imported

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

It's drier in many parts of the US. Hence the bluer sky. Greener? Nope. I think it's greener in the PH esp down south at Leyte. US cities are also less dense (population, traffic) than say, Manila. The exception to is parts of San Francisco. You already heard of the poop problem there. It's becoming a 3rd World city. But, where I am? Definitely blue sky.
    uaimage.jpg
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 17th, 2023 at 06:39 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Amoy Imported