New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Originally posted by chokers
    sir boybi nauubos ung system resources niyan kaya bumababagal.. dapat talga nag rerestart ka ng pc occasionally.. tsaka maganda rin un ino off mo kahit 10 mins minsan para nakakapahinga kahit papano...Ü
    hmmm..pwede rin. or baka marami ng laman na ****. :D

Yung ginagamit naming proxy dito sa amin clone lang. walang extrang fan. p3 lang. parang 711. bukas 7/24. yun nga lang naka-aircon magdamag at wala gaanong laman. dedicated siya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    akala ko ba ok na magmanage ng system resources ang winxp?

hahaha, Frank, hindi naman naka load mga ****s ko, occasionally lang :bwahaha:
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the latest Pentium 4's are even hotter than the Athlon thunderbirds. the online press has made a big deal of the Prescott's heat output.

also, if i remember right, the P4 EE doesn't wipe the Athlon64 in every performance test. but regardless, the P4 EE is a limited-edition processor and supplies are extremely limited. no use racing processors that practically exist only on paper.

i'd still go with AMDs; really good value, and as we all know, technology evolves so fast and computer parts depreciate in value so quickly that it just makes more sense to spend less on Athlons that, for the vast majority of users and applications, run virtually identically to pricier Intel procs.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Mag linux kayo, wala ng restart restart. Some of the servers I used to manage has uptime of more than 1 year. Right now 4 years na ako primary desktop OS ko ay Linux. Oks naman.

Also Intel top end chips is hotter than AMD chips, you can look at the spec sheets on heat dissipation.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My home PC is an Athlon XP 2100+ and I've used the stock cpu fan and casing fan and left the computer running 24/7 for a few months and no problems. (I am running SETI*HOME kasi).

But I did encounter a few hangs when I tried playing Generals (or other high resource game) around noon time. My room gets pretty hot kasi. So I upgraded the cpu and casing fan with GlobalWin and Delta unit. The GlobalWin has its own thermal sensor which acts as a throttle, the hotter the sensor reading, the faster the fan. The Delta casing fan moves 4 times more air but its very very noisy. I have a speed control on it so I can slow it down when the system isn't running games and similar stuff.

I even have two digital thermometers... to measure the cpu and video temperatures...

BTW, my shop's newest PCs are Athlon XP 2000+ with GF FX5200 video cards & 256DDR. Although not cutting edge speed, they still rock! And each system only costs around P17200 (no monitor). Hopefully these systems will run the next generation of games...

Microsoft's 64bit OS (Longhorn) doesn't come out until 2006 so there's no need to upgrade to a 64bit proc just yet.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ILuvDetailing
    Microsoft's 64bit OS (Longhorn) doesn't come out until 2006 so there's no need to upgrade to a 64bit proc just yet.
    but as PK said, the AMD64 claims that it can increase / optimize the performance of 32-bit apps & OS.

if longhorn is already 64-bit, can we run it on 32-bit CPUs? or is this an OS designed specifically for 64-bit CPUs?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's true, but it appears that the Athlon 64's and the opterons are also incidentally the fastest 32-bit processors currently available hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ghosthunter or pk or other computer gurus,

medyo OT pero....

ano ang maisusugest nyo sa PC na pang home use (me and my kids). Can you specify the specs and brands (of mother board and other peripherals).

My primary use -
    Educational games for kids and not much of high-graphics games and internet surfing.

My secondary use -
    other special criteria, could manipulate (capture) video for video editing - copying from cam to cd or dvd. Tama ba na ito ay graphics card related?

My budget sana ay below P20k if possible (CPU, HD, ram and videocard only). Out na sa gastos and Cd/DVD burner and Monitor.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by wildthing
    ghosthunter or pk or other computer gurus,

medyo OT pero....

ano ang maisusugest nyo sa PC na pang home use (me and my kids). Can you specify the specs and brands (of mother board and other peripherals).

My primary use -
    Educational games for kids and not much of high-graphics games and internet surfing.

My secondary use -
    other special criteria, could manipulate (capture) video for video editing - copying from cam to cd or dvd. Tama ba na ito ay graphics card related?

My budget sana ay below P20k if possible (CPU, HD, ram and videocard only). Out na sa gastos and Cd/DVD burner and Monitor.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
    Like what I mentioned, my shop's newest PCs are:
    AMD Athlon 2000+ XP
    ECS mboard with built-in sound, 10/100 lan card and USB 2.0 ports
    256DDR
    Palit GeForce FX5200 128bit 128meg
    Seagate 80gig HDD 7200rpm
    casing 706 black (with clear side panel & fan)
    no FDD, no CDROM
    Price PHP17,200.00

I would suggest to increase the memory to 512meg and get the fastest processor your P20,000 budget will allow.

BTW, do you plan to get a firewire card for faster digital transfers from video camera? ... anyway, USB 2.0 isn't fast enough kasi for digital video transfers.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
AMD vs Intel